Global fertility benefits for employers that save money and tame anxiety
Carrot Fertility is the leading global fertility benefits provider for employers built to make fertility care and family-forming affordable and accessible for everyone who wants or needs it. Companies use Carrot to customize a fertility benefit that provides employees financial, medical, and emotional support as they pursue parenthood, reducing healthcare costs and resulting in better clinical outcomes.
We’re on the hunt for the next member of the Product Engineering Team. Carrot is constantly working to improve on processes, quality, and techniques, with the goal of producing the best product in the industry. Every step towards our mission means more people forming the family they always wanted.
- We’re empowered to make local decisions, reducing the overhead of getting things done.
- We favor a Lean approach to our product development, following the parts of agile that work best for us.
- We welcome new technologies and are constantly self-evaluating our tools.
- We use weekly retrospectives and empowerment to help iterate on our team processes.
- We are a highly collaborative group promoting pair programming whenever possible.
- You take the time to evaluate each decision’s impact and understand that there isn’t a one-size-fits-all decision engine for how we build Carrot’s product.
- You understand that varying personalities and backgrounds will represent engineering competencies and principles in different ways.
- You celebrate your teammates.
- You find time to provide feedback to your teammates.
- You trust your teammates and that they always have reasons for taking the path they’re taking. If it diverges from what you believe to be ideal, you put yourself in their shoes. Working with them to fully understand their position and come to the best conclusion for the business.
- A blank piece of paper doesn’t scare you. You are excited to contribute to products from the ground up.
- You take pride in our mission: fertility care for all.
- Guide the performance and careers of your engineers.
- Manage the team’s execution of the roadmap, ensuring clear communication and collaboration with the product team.
- Contribute at a Senior level of engineer in discussions but leave the implementation to your engineers.
- Evolve our engineering processes as our business needs evolve.
- Own facets of what it means to be an effective engineering organization (e.g. on-call, retrospectives, hiring, incident response).
- Influence the engineering direction of Carrot.
Our Tech Stack
Carrot is built mainly with React and .NET Core. We’re interested in people from any background as long as you have a keen understanding of Object-Oriented languages and MVC experience.
Our Approach to Product Development
We follow a mix of agile approaches that might be closest to scrumban.
- We pull from the top of a team queue like kanban but aren’t dogmatic about it; understanding that sometimes it makes sense for people to pull in different work items.
- We try to call our shot for the week like scrum but it’s more of a soft goal for alignment. No ceremonies or planning poker.
- We have a roadmap that maps out our work further into the future but our product team understands that estimates are simply…estimates.
Founded in 2016, CB Insights recognized Carrot as one of the world’s most promising private digital health companies. In 2020, Carrot was named to Fast Company’s World Changing Ideas awards program, which recognizes companies that are tackling society’s biggest problems, and Carrot was named to Fierce Healthcare’s Fierce 15 List of 2021 which recognizes the most promising healthcare companies in the industry. Carrot supports 200 companies in more than 50 countries across North America, Asia, Europe, South America, and the Middle East
To apply for this job please visit carrot-f4766e-f486384a3db53d4b298d8e33c.webflow.io.