Quality data is fundamental to our mission to bring joy to motherhood, as it informs decision making to power our growth. As a rapidly growing pre-IPO company, we are building for the future to ensure our systems and processes scale effectively. As the Director of Data Architecture and Data Engineering you will be charged with owning the strategy, roadmap and execution of Willow’s data architecture, ensuring that it is scalable to support the company’s rapid growth and expansion, and mentoring and managing the data engineering team.
If you love to dive into a challenge, and are energized by understanding business needs and developing the right data pipelines to support them, we’d love to talk with you.
Founded in 2014, Willow forever changed the way women pump with the world’s first quiet all-in-one, in-bra wearable breast pump. The Willow Wearable Breast Pump ditches the long tubes, cords, dangling bottles and loud sucking sounds so moms can pump wherever their day takes them. We are just getting started. The company is experiencing strong growth and is poised for continued success in the booming Femtech space. We are a mission-driven team of experienced inventors, mothers, and fathers dedicated to making a difference in mom’s life.
What You’ll Do:
- Define and lead the roadmap, strategy and development for Willow’s scalable data infrastructure
- Develop and automate high-performance data processing systems to enable data driven decision making
- Lead the charge to ensure data pipelines are efficient, reliable, accurate and easy to maintain. Analyze system architecture for ways to continue to improve data organization
- Own quality for the data we expose for Analytics & Data Science
- Institute data logging best practices to support and improve our data flow
- Work with Engineering teams on data quality investigations
- Design, build and launch efficient & reliable data pipelines and run aggregate jobs as needed to effectively visualize data in our BI tool
- Manage integrations across third party tools to ensure seamless data exchange
- Act as a player coach. You’ll mentor and lead a team of 1+ data engineers, but are not afraid to roll up your sleeves
What You’ll Bring:
- 10+ years of experience designing and building scalable data pipelines
- 7+ years of Python & SQL development experience
- 7+ years of experience with data modeling for business intelligence. Strong knowledge of Looker preferred.
- 5+ years in a people and engineering management role
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform and BigQuery
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent is required
- Extensive experience in troubleshooting data issues, analyzing end to end data pipelines and in working with users in resolving issues
- Experience in ETL pipeline, data modeling and schemas (Star, Snowflake etc)
- Experience developing and managing orchestration solutions like Airflow or Luigi.
- Experience with integration solutions. You know when to use a product solution vs. coding data ingestion.
- Strong problem-solving skills, data and software applications.
- Experience with A/B testing environments is a plus
- Effectively collaborate cross-functionally to ensure the overarching Willow data architecture supports the needs of the entire company
** Local Candidates Only **
Willow is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit willowinnovations.bamboohr.com.