Thinx Inc., an innovative company that is disrupting the menstrual hygiene and incontinence product categories. The Thinx Inc. family of brands—Thinx, Thinx (BTWN), and Speax—are on a mission to empower every body through innovative solutions and social change. From first periods to postmenopause, Thinx Inc. provides environmentally sustainable solutions to menstruation and bladder leaks, and confronts the taboos that surround them.
About The Role
The Director Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) will provide strategic action and day-to-day operational leadership on all diversity , equity and inclusion policies, programs and practices. You will also be a trusted partner to Thinx, implementing initiatives that infuse DEI principles throughout the employee lifecycle. You will bring thought leadership, perspective, and vision centered on the core mission, vision and values for Thinx. In this highly collaborative role, you will play a central role in developing, driving, and communicating an impactful DEI strategy at Thinx.
The Director of DEI is a key leadership role with high visibility and reports directly to the CEO
The Work You’ll do:
- Develop and lead Thinx DEI strategies and programs across the employee experience.
- Partner with senior leaders to embed Diversity, Equity and Inclusion across all teams.
- Provide recommendations to focus activities and strengthen key deliverables such as hiring, promotion, development, retention, and engagement.
- Act as the subject matter expert on all matters DEI and be accountability leader for the evolution of our DEI strategy.
- Working in partnership with the People and Culture team, develop and implement a holistic and comprehensive learning and training strategy creating a common language and behavior around DEI.
- Stay curious and connected internally and externally leveraging data, insights, and trends in the DEI space.
- Collaborate and influence reaching beyond immediate scope and lead DEI initiatives with multiple senior stakeholders.
- Establish metrics and benchmarks to measure the progress of DEI goals. Continually monitor and analyze the effectiveness of programs and overall impact on the culture.
- Support and advocate for colleagues who are impacted by issues of equity and inclusion, and champion a culture of feedback and training for those who need to develop their cultural competencies.
- In collaboration across departments, develop consistent communication and feedback mechanisms and practices to ensure we are able to identify, discuss, and address equity issues internally.
- Support colleagues in developing cultures of belonging, supportive of diverse perspectives across external partnerships.
We’re excited about you because…
- You combine a strategic mindset with a focus on execution. You are adept at translating DEI strategy into implementation plans that ensure high quality execution. You have an eye for detail while keeping the 30,000 foot view in mind. You have demonstrated success in driving large cross-functional initiatives for which there wasn’t a pre-existing playbook.
- You are an expert at designing and implementing initiatives that scale. You are a master at driving. You easily connect the dots between need and solution. You’ll do what it takes to get the job done while simultaneously figuring out ways to XXXX
- You’re a strong collaborator and communicator. You proactively build cross-functional partnerships within and outside of the company. You are effective at driving outcomes and change even without direct authority.
- You love measuring impact and managing ambitious goals. You’re effective at setting clear goals and measuring the impact of initiatives
- You have a strong understanding of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fundamentals. You have knowledge of the DEI space and familiarity with best practices that promote diversity, equity and inclusion in workplaces.
- You are personally compelled and inspired by Thinx mission; individuals specifically interested in health and wellness, sustainability and other social issues thrive at the organization.
- You have a minimum of 8-10 years of work experience, with 5 years of experience in project management, development, and execution of measurable and scalable programs and initiatives at large organizations or high growth start-ups.
- You have an ability to inspire and engage others, at all levels. Meet them where they are.
- Competitive Salary and Stock Options
- 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks and monthly child care stipend
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Annual training and development stipend
- 1x Monthly Mental Escape Days
- 30% discount on Thinx Inc products and a quarterly $100 spend
- Company sponsored outings and Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.