Associate Director of Sales Operations must be a seasoned, passionate and proactive leader in
pharmaceutical sales operations. The candidate must have vision, be extremely well organized,
analytical, detail-oriented and quality-minded with a great focus on delivery.
The Associate Director of Sales Operations manages support functions essential to sales force
productivity. These include sales target planning, sales process optimization, field
communication, sales program implementation and sales incentive compensation. They must
be able to partner with Sales Leadership, Marketing, Market Access, Finance, and Compliance
to identify process improvements in communication, sales force effectiveness, meeting
planning and incentive compensation. The ADSO also must closely manage external vendors to
The ADSO will perform a key role collaborating with internal stakeholders and external vendors
to manage our technical sales force automation support (CRM) and sales force
The role reports to the Director, Sales Operations & Analytics and will work closely with the
Director of Training and Area Sales Directors.
• Support the field sales force by being the point of contact for all Sales Operations
• Champion compliance, effectiveness, and efficiency in process and policies.
• Direct relationship with third-party service providers for appropriate functions.
• Own the development, review, dissemination and retention of all field communication
• Partner effectively and collaborate with cross-functional teams like Data Management,
Sales Comp Admin, Market Analytics & Strategy, Managed Care, Training and IT to
provide holistic approach on business situations that affect Sales Operations
• Design and implement a communication SOP and vehicle(s) between Executive
Leadership, Marketing, Operations, etc. and the field.
• Partner with Training to develop training, communication and support plans that
influence adoption of field tools.
• Represent brand-specific decisions and approaches to the broader team to ensure
consistency across the portfolio, learn from others and proactively share and seek
advice on complex situations.
Targeting and Realignment
• Manage the roster and process to align territories for optimal sales force utilization.
• Develop and implement sizing and deployment processes to ensure objectives and sales
force effectiveness are achieved.
• Design and implement effective customer call planning and targeting tools to support
on-going sales promotion and assist management in evaluating sales
• Monitor the organization’s compliance with required standards for maintaining CRM
• Work with Marketing and Compliance to identify key messaging metrics.
• Partner with IT on CRM reporting, updates, drop down values, etc.
• Monitoring CRM usage by field users and communicating exceptions to field leadership.
• Collaborate with Director of Training on training of all new hires and all newly launched
functionality. Coordinate training materials, FAQs, User Guides, etc. for all field users.
• As needed, serve as Primary Trainer for field users or support the facilitator and address
one-offs to maintain the training pace.
IC Execution Support
• Manage Sales Operations processes and activities that drive incentive compensation
and insights for business planning including alignments, sales crediting, reporting,
targeting and CRM.
• Continuously monitor field sales workforce performance against incentive plan metrics
to ensure incentive plan effectiveness, efficiencies and accuracy.
• Provide regular timely and accurate ad hoc analysis and reporting on incentive
compensation trending, payments and other related items.
• Provide budget and performance projections related to Incentive Compensation and
track against actual monitor performance.
• Lead the IC exception process with field leadership and IC Steering Committee.
Sales Meeting Support
• Assist in management of national/regional sales meeting planning as needed.
• Excellent communication and analytical skills.
• Extensive skills using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
• Experience with using and reporting from SFDC or Veeva CRM.
• Excellent problem-solving skills, project management proficiency, detail oriented with
focus on quality and accuracy.
• Proven track record of working effectively in a collaborative, fast-paced, changing, multitasking environment.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, proficient in interacting with Senior
• Demonstrated ability to influence without direct authority and to develop and maintain
strong cross-functional partnerships.
• Experience with IQVIA Xponent, 852/867 EDI, and/or related pharmaceutical sales data.
• Experience managing projects and vendors.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Education and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
• At least 5+ years sales operations, incentive comp, sales analytics, data management or
related experience in the Commercial Operations in the bio/pharmaceutical industry.
• Women’s Health therapeutic area expertise preferred.
• Pharmaceutical sales management, field sales, or related experience preferred.
• Experience with product launches and Account Management experience is highly
Travel: Ability to travel up to 30% overnight.
Evofem Biosciences provides a competitive salary and generous benefits package including
medical, dental, vision coverage, 401k, paid vacation and Holidays.
Evofem Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer