A Modern Approach to Family.
Responsible for billing and follow-up of accounts according to documented procedures. Includes but is not limited to following up on claim status, billing and re-billing of claims, credit balance resolution, denial management, following up on aging accounts, and maintaining up to date account information.
- Monitors claim status and records in system daily for commercial insurance billing.
- Ensure timely collection of outstanding A/R and perform a variety of clerical and accounting functions to resolve billing issues of submitted claims
- Review EOBs, assist in verifying patient coverage if needed, and assist with patient billing inquiries through a billing queue
- Conducting outbound calls to insurance companies and/or patients to reconcile account issues and outstanding account balances
- Facilitates and initiates appeals to insurance companies for higher payments and other appeals as needed.
- Handles correspondence from payers to ensure all information required for claim processing is provided.
- Review and resolve credit balances or unassigned money remaining on an account.
- Provides customer service and follow through on account questions.
- Assists with Special Projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent; college preferred
- 1-3 yrs of experience with Receivables /collections in a healthcare setting
- Strong telephonic communication skills
- billing queue
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.