A new campaign spearheaded by Rosy founder & CEO Dr. Lyndsey Harper launches today with the goal to address the false notion that women’s health is niche, a prejudice many femtech founders are faced with when raising capital these days.
But don’t just take our word for it! The data speaks for itself and paints a clear picture on why women’s health innovation is anything but a niche market and a huge opportunity for investors and founders alike to fund and found businesses, that are both profitable and create a huge positive impact.
- Women make up >50% of the world’s population
- Women make 80% of healthcare spending decisions
- Only 3% of digital health dollars go to women’s health
- Only 4-6% of pharma pipelines are devoted to female-specific diseases
- Women weren’t mandated by the NIH to be included in clinical trials until 1994
- Maternal death in the US rose by 50% from 1990-2013
“As a founder, I got tired of hearing ‘this is a really interesting niche that you’ve uncovered.’ What??? And as I spoke to more and more women’s health founders, I learned I wasn’t the only one hearing this appalling narrative”, says Rosy Founder & CEO Dr. Lyndsey Harper. “The phrase ‘It’s Not a Niche, Bitch’ summarizes all of our collective frustration while at the same time calling out what a ridiculous notion this is in the first place. It is my hope that this campaign will galvanize founders, rally women and our advocates, and make people think again before they ever say that women’s health is a niche again.”
Everyone is invited to participate. More information can be found on the campaign’s landing page: https://meetrosy.com/not-a-niche.