Ro is the healthcare technology company building a patient-centric healthcare system. Ro’s vertically integrated primary care platform powers a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from diagnosis, to delivery of medication, to ongoing care. With a nationwide provider network, in-home care API, and proprietary pharmacy distribution centers, Ro seamlessly connects telehealth, diagnostics, and pharmacy services to provide high-quality, affordable healthcare without the need for insurance. Since 2017, Ro has facilitated more than six million digital healthcare visits in nearly every county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts. Visit Ro.co for more information.
Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company’s 2019 list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, listed by Inc. Magazine as the Best Place to Work in 2020, and earned its Great Place to Work Certification in 2020.
We are looking for a VP of Data Science to join Ro!! In this role reporting to the CTO, you will be responsible for leading an organizational effort toward building and managing a team of the very best talent in data science, analytics, and data engineering. You will develop new techniques and data that will enable answering previously unanswered questions while developing deep partnerships with engineering and product teams to deliver cross-functional measurements, testing, and modeling efforts.
What You’ll Do:
- Build high performance, responsive teams of data scientists, analysts, and data engineers that are able to gather and synthesize data quickly and accurately
- Support an organizational effort toward better understanding user needs and pain points, and propose roles that data science can play to further this goal
- Support data-informed decision-making throughout the broader company
- Develop an investment strategy to define, grow and maintain an exemplary data science organization
- Ensure data best practices and play a critical role in building the data-informed culture throughout Ro
- Be a thought leader and evangelist to drive adoption and knowledge at all levels of the organization
- Determine how to leverage data science, machine learning, and other analytical techniques to offer actionable insights both internally & externally
- Participate heavily with Ro’s executive team, help set business strategy, represent product data science, initiate and debate key strategic topics and opportunities from your team’s work, and drive bold high-impact decisions
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners in product, engineering, operations, finance, and marketing to define and build data-informed business strategy and roadmaps
- Partner with the data engineering team, technology architects, and software developers to empower our lines of businesses with business intelligence
What You’ll Bring:
- Strong technical domain know-how to coach and grow the team
- BS/BA degree or equivalent years of experience
- Strong strategic business acumen, change management, and continuous improvement champion
- Mentor and coach team on career paths
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 15+ years experience in algorithmic engineering, data science, or machine learning
- 7+ years of experience in managing, and mentoring data science, data engineering, and analytics teams in a high scale technology company
- Deep technical background with an MS or Ph.D. in mathematics, statistics, computer science, or a related field
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.