Ritual is a direct-to-consumer health brand that believes it’s crucial to know not just what you’re putting into your body, but why you need it in the first place. We’re transparent about our ingredients, where they’re sourced from, and have spent years conducting extensive research behind each of the premium nutrient forms we use. Our products are simple, effective, and backed by science. Our mission is simple: to empower people to feel their best by turning healthy habits into a ritual.
We have built a team of curious skeptics, world-class scientists, unconventional artists, expert marketers, and analytical strategists that are on a mission to reinvent an entire industry. We’re well-funded, growing quickly, and committed to our mission. If you’re a team player who refuses to settle for the status quo, we want you. Welcome to your new daily Ritual.
Ritual is based in sunny Los Angeles but will be working remotely until the global health situation improves.
The VP of Operations is a key leader who will establish the strategic direction of the operations function, and build and lead the operations team. This role oversees the entire supply chain and all physical operations of the company, from raw material purchasing to delivery to the customer’s doorstep. This includes building strong relationships with suppliers and contract manufacturers; thoughtfully planning, purchasing and managing inventory; and overseeing fulfillment and shipping operations to drive financial goals and help customers maintain healthier daily habits. The VP of Operations is responsible for driving key P/L items, operational efficiencies, and success in critical elements of our customers’ experience.
What You Need:
- Establish operations strategy for achieving Ritual’s ambitious long-term goals, and build team to execute against vision
- Work with internal and external partners to build a highly accurate, efficient delivery operation that helps customers maintain healthy habits and acts as a key differentiator for Ritual
- Identify and deliver COGS improvements, balanced with improving the customer’s overall experience over time
- Establish processes and checks to ensure a highly consistent overall customer experience
- Develop or improve inventory models to ensure product availability and working capital efficiency
- Work with suppliers to improve lead times and establish redundancies, ensuring that supply never acts as a constraint on growth
- Develop and execute operational expansion into new distribution channels and new geographic markets
- Partner with cross-functional teams to concept, test, and scale new means for delivering on our customer promise
- Define performance metrics to measure, compare, and evaluate manufacturer and supplier performance (e.g. cost, quality, and on-time delivery, including benchmarking performance to comparables
Who You Are :
- Operations leader with 7+ years of experience, focused in high growth e-commerce, ideally in businesses at $100mm+ scale
- Strong financial acumen, with ability to build and own models related to key elements of P/L and unit/cohort economics
- Collaborative and optimistic teammate and leader, with a knack for bringing out the best in those around them
- Naturally analytical mindset, skilled in distilling large, complex data into clear, concise insights (experience with BI tool like Looker strongly preferred)
- Ability to act autonomously make decisions in ambiguity, and back those decisions up with clear, strategic thinking and data
- Gritty, known for rolling up your sleeves to get it done
- Experience with ERP system preferred
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.