Alpha’s VP, Finance will effectively be the company’s CFO. This person will have all responsibilities regarding Finance and Accounting at Alpha as well as the associated operational responsibilities.
- FP&A and decision support: Build and lead the FP&A team and related efforts over time. Responsible for all elements of Alpha’s long-term strategic planning process, annual budget process, quarterly outlook updates, quarterly metric trending, month end performance versus budget analysis, and weekly/daily dashboard and staffing reports. This team is also responsible for all business case and ROI analyses for all material investment decisions. This person will use the above analysis and information combined with strong knowledge of the business and business judgment to make conclusions for and recommendations to the rest of Alpha.
- Accounting: Build and lead the accounting team which is currently outsourced to a 3rd party provider. Responsible for all elements of Alpha’s month end close and disclose as well as insuring the transactions and related accounting are recorded accurately and reported clearly.
- Investor relations and reporting: Lead all elements of Alpha financial and key metric reporting including presenting financial updates and analyses to the Alpha Executive Team, Board, Investors and company at large. This responsibility will also involve representing Alpha at external financial functions and customer events as well.
- Treasury: Lead all elements of Alpha cash management including analyzing Alpha’s cash flow over time, setting and administering policy around investments and fund transfers, and managing Alpha bank accounts.
- Operations/ERP support: This person will be the Finance and Accounting lead on all Alpha finance operational projects including but not limited to Alpha’s ERP and EPM application selection and implementation processes.
- Other functional leadership roles: The optimal candidate will also build and lead Alpha’s Legal and IT teams.
- Leadership skills: This individual must be a strong leader and manager both within the Finance function as well as in the many cross-functional and company-wide initiatives/responsibilities associated with this position.
- Communication skills: Must be quick of their feet and able to able to effectively present information and respond to questions from a wide range of audiences including senior executives, group managers, investment community, junior team members, the general public etc.
- Analytical skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as ROI analyses, net present values, internal rates of returns, discounts, interest, etc. Ability to understand and create financial statements and budget models.
- Problem-solving skills: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Should be a strong, analytical problem solver with an intense attention to detail.
- Education/Experience: MBA, CPA and/or equivalent and a minimum of 7-10 years’ related Finance and Accounting experience desired. Private company and healthcare business model experience strongly preferred.
- Computer skills: Experience with SaaS ERP systems, Google Docs and Microsoft Office required.
- Strong work ethic: He or she will reject setbacks and will enthusiastically persist until ambitious goals are achieved. He or she will be resourceful and innovative at tackling complex challenges in a sustainable, proactive fashion.
- Passionate commitment to the company and your profession: Champions projects and the company’s needs and implements a model of continuous improvement in both company goals and project-related tasks.
- Accountability: He or she should be a results-oriented team player who leads by example, holds himself accountable for performance, takes absolute ownership, and champions all aspects of initiatives.
- Entrepreneurship, sense of urgency: The successful candidate will possess a high energy level which allows them to react to situations quickly and decisively, possessing self-confidence to be assertive when taking a position, not afraid to make decisions
- Flexibility and adaptability: Should be able to switch gears in various high-stress situations and apply him or herself to quickly learning new technologies and adopting new methodologies.
- Customer focus: The successful candidate will have an indomitable (external and internal) customer focus.
- Being a part of a collaborative team that is actively increasing affordable access to healthcare for all persons
- Working Remotely
- Competitive salary
- Flexible vacation
- Health, dental, and vision
- 401k retirement savings plan with company matching
About the company
Alpha Medical is an exciting startup based in the San Francisco Bay Area. Together, we have developed a fully HIPAA-compliant, asynchronous telemedicine solution that streamlines and enables an accessible and convenient way for both uninsured and insured patients to obtain care for a growing number of medical conditions.
Patients are ready for healthcare delivery that matches the accessibility they’ve come to expect from other service sectors, and Alpha is putting that capability in their hands. We diagnose and treat a growing list of medical conditions covering Primary & Urgent Care, Reproductive Health, and Mental Health. Patients access the service through our mobile and desktop-friendly website. We currently provide care via telemedicine in 46 states and D.C. with plans to continue our state expansion.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.