Website Twentyeight Health
Increasing access to reproductive & sexual health
1. Twentyeight Health
Twentyeight Health (www.twentyeighthealth.com) is a mission-driven women’s health startup founded by a team with experience at Bain, BCG, and the Gates Foundation. Our vision is to provide high quality, convenient and affordable reproductive & sexual healthcare with a focus on expanding access in underserved communities.
Starting with birth control, we’ve built an end-to-end platform to provide telemedicine consultations, prescriptions deliveries, ongoing care from clinicians, and free doctor-vetted sexual & reproductive care info. We are active in NY, NJ, PA, MD, FL and NC, and have exciting growth plans. We are rapidly expanding our offerings, and we are backed by some of the best healthcare & consumer investors pioneering digital health including Third Prime, Town Hall Ventures, SteelSky Ventures, GingerBread Capital, and more.
You’ll be joining a dynamic, supportive and mission-driven environment. We are a team of doctors, public health experts, designers, engineers and builders committed to changing the face of healthcare, particularly for underserved communities. When we’re not quarantining, we are based in Dumbo, Brooklyn. Join us to bring dignified, accessible healthcare to all!
At Twentyeight Health, we value a diverse workplace and strongly encourage womxn, BIPOC, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. We are committed to fostering a culture of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion for our employees and customers alike and we can’t wait for you to be a part of it.
As a Full Stack Engineer, you’ll play a critical part in our continued growth and expansion to increase women’s health access in underserved communities. As a key contributor, you will join a high impact team focused on delivering efficient solutions to facilitate the delivery of outstanding healthcare services. If this role sounds right to you and you’re motivated by the idea of channeling your energy to help millions of women access healthcare services, we’d love to meet you!
You will report directly to the Head of Engineering (Eric Whitten) and also engage with other key people in the company.
- Design, build, and implement new services and features within the full stack
- Drive features and products through the full development lifecycle
- Have the unique opportunity to contribute and drive an engineering culture that focuses on quality, user experience and impact
- Opportunity to scale and automate existing services while bringing new innovations to life
- Take end to end ownership and responsibility for architecture, deployment, and maintenance of product features
- Coordinate tasks with your teammates and collaborate with the entire company to refine requirements to deliver the best product to our customers
- Identify and squash bugs
- Analyze and optimize client-side UI and server-side API code for efficiency and performance
We are looking for exceptional candidates who have:
- Have 4+ years of experience writing production code
- Have architected complex systems for long-term maintainability, performance, and scalability
- Familiarity with the entire stack – Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, Bootstrap4, JQuery
- Bonus: Experience with Heroku and AWS
- Bonus: Experience with designing and implementing service oriented architectures
- Option to relocate to NYC after HQ is reopened or to remain remote +/- 2 hours from East Coast time
6. Attributes we look for
- Passionate about healthcare and Twentyeight’s mission
- Self motivation and a deep sense of pride in your work
- Track record of consistently delivering excellent results in a fast-paced environment
- Eager to give 100% to building healthcare equity
- Embrace learning and feedback
- We are looking for teammates who are kind, humble, and don’t take themselves too seriously
7. Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive compensation and equity package
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Significant growth opportunities
- Be a part of a passionate team building towards health equity
8. How to apply
Please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Full Stack Engineer application”. Please include in your cover letter:
- Your relevant experiences
- Your interest in the position
- Your motivation to join Twentyeight Health
To apply for this job please visit twentyeighthealth.com.