About the role
As a Software Architect and SCRUM master, you will be in charge of one of our core products and will have frequent interactions with COO, Product Owner, and the development team. We value experimental and “fail-fast” style atmosphere, where ideas and initiative are valued higher than failing for not trying. We offer a competitive salary, bonuses, and a fixed position on our development team.
- Manage multiple developers across a distributed team
- Manage the identification and implementation of issues (understanding business goals, translating this into concepts with product management, and turning this into technical development plans)
- Lead the full stack experience across mobile, web, and backend
- Handle data modeling, services, and processes within a complex business domain
- Manage microservices architecture, cloud services such as Twilio, Auth0, etc.
- Production software management such as feature toggles, canary builds, and release trains
- Experience with cloud technologies such as GCE, k8s, and docker
- Building tools and test automation
- Software operations and security, such as monitoring, surveillance, scalability and restore procedures
- Direct integrations with external Laboratory Inventory Management Systems (LIMS)
- Building shopping systems accessible on both web and mobile OS (including in-app purchase)
- Integrate with frameworks such as Google Health and Apple Health (including Research Kit and Care Kit)
- In collaboration with the marketing team, build a new website used in the company launch
- Coordinate our scrum board with milestones – we currently have monthly sprints
- Specify, coordinate, and prioritize tasks between the Product Owner and remote team members
- Front-end: Flutter and Dart for cross-platform mobile (iOS and Android), and Angular 5 and SCSS for web
- Back-end: Kotlin, Java, Spring, Hibernate, Gradle, Fluentium, Gitlab and IntelliJ for application development
- Hosting: Google Cloud platform (Kubernetes, Docker, NoSQL datastore, pub-sub)
We’re a women’s health company located in San Francisco and San Diego, backed by an outstanding group of investors. The core of our company is a game-changing product, the diagnostic menstrual pad – the Q-Pad. For the 2.2 billion women who menstruate monthly, we can offer basic wellness screening, fertility testing, STD testing, and potentially even perform cancer diagnostics. It’s at-home testing, without needles, putting the woman in the driver’s seat of her own health.