As a Software Engineer, you will work with a cross functional team of Database, DevOps, Salesforce, Software, QA engineers, and Technical Project Management to support development and maintenance of solutions for critical projects. You will split time between development and maturation of projects such as ETL pipelines, API’s, and web apps and supporting day to day operations on existing solutions.
What you’ll do…
- Review existing solutions, projects, and infrastructure to provide recommendations for enhancements and structural improvements.
- Develop, maintain, and optimize pipelines and engineering projects to ensure continuous operation and improvement.
- Mature, scale, and automate existing systems and infrastructure.
- Debug, trace, and profile existing code to ensure uptime and maintainability.
- Collaborate on new products and pipelines to create technical requirements and develop a solution that meets business functionality.
- Work with application developers, users, operational leadership, and subject matter experts to understand current and future operational goals.
- Contribute to all parts of the software development and deployment lifecycle, including design, development, documentation, testing and operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years experience in Software Engineering or Web Development roles.
- Ability to develop and debug in Python, PHP, or similar programming language.
- Comfortable with Git and remote service such as GitHub for version control.
- Experience working with MySQL or similar relational database systems.
- Experience with Docker.
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud service.
- Experience with CI/CD Pipelines such as CircleCI, Jenkins and GitLab CI.
- Experience with developing and maintaining large-scale data ETL pipelines.
- Experience in assessing, developing, troubleshooting, and enhancing RESTful API systems for performance optimization, increased scalability and security, and development standards.
- Ability to prioritize, communicate well, design for repeatability and scalability, exude ownership, and dig beneath the hood with technology.
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications.
- Flexibility to both improve what we have in motion and to innovate on new capabilities.
- Experience with AWS Lambda or similar serverless computing is a plus.
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB is a plus.
- Experience in IaC tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation is a plus.
- Experience with Cloud Networking is a plus.
- Experience working in an agile Scrum environment is a plus.
Progyny is a leading fertility benefits management company in the US. We are redefining fertility and family building benefits, proving that a comprehensive and inclusive fertility solution can simultaneously benefit employers, patients, and physicians. Our benefits solution empowers patients with education and guidance from a dedicated Patient Care Advocate (PCA), provides access to a premier network of fertility specialists using the latest science and technologies, reduces healthcare costs for the nation’s leading employers, and drives optimal clinical outcomes. We envision a world where anyone who wants to have a child can do so.
Our mission is to make any member’s dream of parenthood come true through a healthy, timely, and supported fertility and family building journey.
Come join a company that’s been recognized by Modern Healthcare as one of the Best Places to Work in Healthcare.
- Family friendly benefits:
- Paid maternity and paternity
- Fertility benefits (including egg freezing and IVF)
- Emergency childcare program
- Parent’s group
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance options for employees and family
- Paid vacation and summer flex time
- Company equity
- Bonus program
- 401K Match
- Monday breakfasts/ Friday lunches/ healthy snacks
- Company social events
- Sit/ stand desks
Progyny is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
To apply for this job please visit progyny.com.