Rethinking prenatal and postpartum care since 2014. #BetterPregnancies
The Babyscripts Team is seeking a Senior Technical Product Manager who thrives at bringing order to a chaotic environment, where back-and-forth, constant, cyclical feedback and interaction is the norm. You are technically adept and carry enough experience to successfully guide a team of software engineers. Responsibility and accountability doesn’t faze you at all, in fact, it drives you to know that your success or failure is solely dependent on you and your team’s ability to deliver on product. You have an inordinate attention to detail—the detail of user stories, the detail of project plans, the detail of numbers, data, reports, and metrics. You understand that the rigorous measurement of progress is step one of overall business success. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where you’re asked to juggle competing priorities and you take pleasure in being able to successfully handle those responsibilities. You prefer facts and details over speculation. When faced with a fork in the road, when confronted with a decision, you are driven to scientifically research and prove out your hypotheses rather than collect anecdotes. You live to see your weeks-long orchestrated work come to fruition to positively impact thousands of people around the world.
Babyscripts exists to solve the problems generated from the critical shortage of obstetrical providers in the U.S. Babyscripts was founded six years ago to rethink the delivery of pregnancy care through the power of technology and remote patient monitoring. Babyscripts offers comprehensive virtual maternity care that, through managing various levels of risk, addresses an outdated model for pregnancy care that has not moved the needle in decreasing maternal morbidity and mortality; an inability to address social determinants of health; and now the critical need to transition care outside of the clinic due to Covid-19. The company’s solution for virtual maternity care manages the various risk-levels of your maternal health population to address some of the largest drivers of costs and complications in perinatal care.
Babyscripts’ three-tiered approach to virtual maternity care allows providers to deliver risk-specific care to pregnant mothers at any time, in any place. The first tier consists of a digital education layer delivered via a mobile app, with daily gestational-age and practice-specific, customizable content extending through one year postpartum to engage and empower pregnant mothers through trusted resources. The second tier enables remote management of pregnant patients through the addition of remote monitoring. Dependent on risk, patients are provided with internet-enabled medical devices (like a bluetooth-enabled blood pressure cuff) to monitor for elevated risk, alerting the provider through a unique trigger alert system to enable risk management and intervention. This smart end-to-end management of patients enables the provider to transition care outside of the clinic and address problems of access, allowing them to automate a majority of their patient care while more effectively allocating time and resources to higher risk patients. The third tier brings the insurer into the equation in a unique collaboration between care team and payer, solving some of the structural issues of care coordination and access to care, improving outcomes while reducing cost.
- Identify new product opportunities and be an active contributor to Babyscripts’ Product Development Life Cycle, from product discovery, to user story interviews, to product planning, to development, and product support.
- Lead a team of software development engineers and QA engineers to deliver on the vision, intent, and success metrics of the product under your stewardship.
- Mentor, guide, and provide professional development for the cross-functional team for which you are responsible.
- Own the success or failure of your Products and Processes from end-to-end through ideation, development, launch, implementation at customer sites, and ongoing maintenance.
- Work with Healthcare customers, peer product managers, designers, and technical SMEs to understand requirements and needs, define user stories, document acceptance criteria, and manage/groom a product backlog.
- Conduct business analysis and market research to validate product value propositions and associate them with needs and pains using data collected from robust research methods to form conclusions.
- Collaborate with UX/UI design team to accurately present and test UX/UI related hypotheses.
- Collaborate with engineers and architects by assisting with defining internal APIs in order to align well with desired product features, business needs, and custom requirements.
- Communicate effectively across teams of varying stakeholders and handle complaints, follow-ups, and requests for information or to prioritize bugs and issues.
- Create, implement, monitor, and own new or modified Product processes to improve overall efficacy and efficiency of the entire team.
- Work closely with other members of the product management team and engineering leadership team in ensuring core company objectives are monitored and met.
- Strong communication skills, and excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Strong understanding in high-level programming languages.
- Proven experience in leading small teams in fast-paced environments.
- Proven project management experience, including scoping, project planning, stakeholdership management, documentation, and reports generation.
- Solid working understanding in many current technology frameworks like REST, GraphQL, Typescript, Angular, JWTs, SAML, Oauth2, Rxjs.
- Expertise and working knowledge of Amazon Web Services. AWS Solutions Architect certification preferred.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering, or other technical field required.
- Master of Business Administration is a plus.
- The candidate must be able to successfully work remotely. The candidate must have experience designing and establishing a productive, efficient, and balanced WFH routine as not to detrimentally affect either professional outcomes or personal life.
- Post-Covid, occasionally, the candidate may be required to attend in-person meetings, sessions, workshops, and other events with members of his/her team or with customers or vendors.
- Currently, the Babyscripts Team is located in the DC Metro area. While proximity to the DC Metro area is preferred, it is not required.
- United States applicants only.
To apply for this job please visit babyscripts.bamboohr.com.