Ro is the healthcare technology company building a patient-centric healthcare system. Ro’s vertically-integrated primary care platform powers a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from diagnosis, to delivery of medication, to ongoing care. With a nationwide provider network, in-home care API, and proprietary pharmacy distribution centers, Ro is the only company to seamlessly connect telehealth and in-home care, diagnostics, and pharmacy services nationwide to provide high-quality, affordable healthcare without the need for insurance. Since 2017, Ro has facilitated more than six million digital healthcare visits in nearly every county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts. Ro also provides its patient-centric solutions including Workpath, its in-home care API, and Kit, its at-home diagnostic testing service, to other healthcare companies. Visit Ro.co for more information.
Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company’s 2019 list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020 and 2021, and named one of FORTUNE’s 2021 Best Workplaces In Health Care.
The Data Infrastructure team at Ro is responsible for designing, building, and operating the critical systems and processes that empower us to take a data-driven approach to improving health outcomes for our patients.
We’re looking for an experienced data engineer with exceptional communication skills and a collaborative approach to software development to help establish the next generation of data infrastructure at Ro, from production machine learning systems to real-time data pipelines to ensuring end-to-end security and privacy of our patients’ sensitive information. This is an opportunity to have an enormous impact on Ro’s ability to use data to meaningfully improve the lives of our patients for years to come.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with technical and nontechnical stakeholders and fellow engineers from across the business to identify meaningful problems for our patients and our business
- Own the design and delivery of reliable, resilient, and scalable systems and platforms that collect, process, and surface our data
- Establish and promote best practices for working with data across the organization
- Work with Data Scientists and Data Analysts to create workflows for developing and deploying production-ready machine learning systems
- Work with stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Keep our data secure, including via appropriate access control mechanisms, a stringent secure-by-design mindset, and following industry best practices or forging new ones where needed
- Build large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines with data processing frameworks (ex: Scio, Storm, Spark, EMR, etc)
- Help drive optimization, testing, and tooling to improve data quality
- Implement ETL processes and data pipelines to load data from a variety of first- and third-party applications
What You’ll Bring:
- 5+ years of data infrastructure or distributed systems experience
- A systems engineering mindset, with reliability and scalability always top of mind
- A track record of building, deploying, monitoring, and optimizing production data collection systems at scale
- Strong analytical intuition; experience working with data analytics groups
- A track record of project ownership for projects that involve many contributors and stakeholders, technical and non-technical alike
- A track record of implementing and also developing industry best practices
- Excellent communication skills, from written/verbal to documentation to presentations
- Experience building libraries and tooling that provide beautiful abstractions to users
- A track record of promoting best practices by example and of mentoring other engineers
- Experience with machine learning model deployment
- Experience developing CI/CD workflows
- Experience building in a microservices architecture
- Experience scaling/maintaining production databases
- Experience with the Python and Go programming languages
- Experience build large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines with data processing frameworks like Scio, Storm, or Spark
- Experience with machine learning deployment
- Experience leveraging best practices for a services architecture with CI/CD, including building out testing suites for developers working in a CI/CD deployment environment
Benefits + Perks
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Fitness reimbursement
- Paid maternity/parental leave
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.