We’re starting with our mission to build a community of women, who happen to be mamas.
Since 2017, we’ve grown quickly across the US and other countries, and received numerous accolades from Apple, the New York Times, Good Morning America, and the BBC to name a few.
We’re backed by market-leading VCs including Index Ventures, Female Founders Fund and Sweet Capital (the brains behind King.com), enablings us to grow our team… now is a great time to join!
Responsibilities and role
This is a full-time position. You’ll report to Julien, our CTO, and join our Engineering team of 10 people.
As a Senior Android Engineer you’ll work on small ad-hoc feature teams (3 engineers and a designer) and help drive projects from conception to completion in an environment of autonomy.
We’ll expect you to:
- build and evolve features for our Android app using Kotlin (coroutines, serialisation), Dagger, Retrofit, sqldelight and test using Robolectric and Espresso.
- take part in code reviews (GitHub).
- regularly ship, monitor, and maintain features.
- take the lead on new features as required.
- contribute to planning and designing all new features.
- support our PMs and CMs to diagnose issues.
As our CTO works remotely, and many of the team do, we are entirely flexible about whether you would like to work remotely (from anywhere in the UK or the rest of the EU), or in central London, at our vibrant Peanut HQ.
We’ll simply expect you to join us in person for a few days every month to socialise and plan as a team.
Depending on experience and location,
- £65,000 to £75,000 gross salary per year (or local equivalent)
- Participation in our equity pool
We offer 20 days holidays plus UK bank holidays.
You have previously:
- been a software engineer for 5+ years and built native Android apps for 3+ years.
- integrated with JSON APIs.
- become fluent with Kotlin, and had experience with Java.
- had experience with SQL.
- had experience with unit and UI testing.
- used Kanban-style workflows, Git, code reviews, and continuous integration.
- worked remotely, and/or with a distributed team.
- worked in a startup.
While these are not requirements, we’ll be excited if you’ve also worked with:
- An app of your own in the Play Store
- App monitoring (Crashlytics / Fabric)
- Any mobile product in the social or gaming area.
- Your moral compass is strong : you care about what’s best for our users.
- Your are pragmatic and creative : you can find viable ways to build what is needed. You balance clear code with delivery speed, and favour shipping quickly over perfection.
- You work well in a team. You can pitch your ideas, sometimes disagree and commit, and are equally happy to deliver on your own or pair up on a problem.
- You thrive in a lean environment. You’re keen to prioritise, compromise, ship quickly, measure and iterate.
- You favour data-driven product decisions but don’t shy away from intuition and opinions.
- You are comfortable picking up new skills and learning new tools when needed.
To apply for this job please visit peanut.recruitee.com.