We help families that work, work. We are the family benefits platform that picks up where the healthcare systems leaves off.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Cleo, you’ll be working on interesting user facing problems – real time messaging, scheduling, dynamic user content with personalization – and relevant engineering approaches like continuous deployment, infrastructure as code, component libraries, and microservices. We work closely with Design, Product Managers, QA, and Data Science to create the best solutions for our customers. We have a strong team culture and each engineer supports the learning and growth of everyone through brown bags, pairing, and tech huddles, resulting in the entire team’s growth and potential. If you believe you can make an impact on our mission, we want you!
This role reports to the Senior Manager of Engineering.
- Own, build, test, and release impactful features
- Design full stack solutions to solve our highest priority customer issues
- Build and evolve engineering team best practices in implementation, testing, deployment, and maintenance. Think Production Readiness, Operation Excellence, Data Driven Decisions
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms
- Collaborate cross-functionally with design, data scientists, business users, project managers and other engineers to create the most appropriate solutions to meet our needs
To be successful in this role you may have:
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Solid understanding of relational databases and transactions
- Excellent and pragmatic testing practices
- Experience with deployment pipelines (CI/CD) and microservice architecture
- Proven track record of team leadership and mentorship
- Skill at partnering cross-functionally across organization
- An eagerness to evolve with a fast-paced startup for long term success (Built to Last, Scaling, Performance)
Core Tech Stack:
- React Native
- PostgreSQL, Redis
- CircleCI, Aptible, AppCenter
- Sentry, SumoLogic, & NewRelic