This is an open position for a Senior Full Stack Engineer with 7+ years of professional software engineering experience to join our team. As a member of our team, you’ll lead the rebuild of our site on React, write serverless functions, and integrate with our GraphQL service. Some interest in UX/UI, digital product optimization, DTC, digital marketing, and eCommerce is important for finding success in this role.
- Collaborate with the project manager, designers, and engineers to define project requirements, inform design, and build next generation website in React
- Be opinionated and help guide decisions around technology, team processes and creative practices
- Write clean, reusable, componentized, and scalable software that empowers fellow engineers to do more
- Ensure code quality, testing coverage, documentation of site so that it is maintainable, cross-browser compatible, accessible, and highly performant.
- At least 7 years of professional software development experience is necessary to be considered for this role.
- No college degree is required
- Experience writing complex single page apps, and serverless functions
- You are passionate and care about code quality and understand the importance of proper documentation
- UX/UI chops – you know what good design and interaction looks and feels like and can call out inconsistencies, problems with responsive layouts when looking at a mobile and desktop design, etc.
- Python, PHP, Ruby on Rails, and Node – you are comfortable with at least one and willing to dive into others if need be.
- Knowledge of accessibility best practices and ability to write highly accessible UI
- Next.js, Apollo, Vercel, and Auth0 (or other Identity Management Platform) experience is a plus
- Experience with eCommerce in general is very helpful -ie: Product Feed transformations,, Google Analytics/Heap, A/B Testing platforms such as Optimizely/Dynamic Yield/Google Optimize/VWO (we use DY), Facebook Pixel and other ad-tech implementations, Customer Data Platforms (we use Simon Data), Sendgrid or other ESP, implementing Analytics software, and Technical SEO best practices.
- Shopify knowledge is a big plus, especially advanced Shopify implementations and parts of the platform such as:
- Storefront API
- Script Editor
- Shopify Flow
- Using tags to power personalized Front-end experiences
- Using React with Liquid