Thinx Inc., an innovative company that is disrupting the menstrual hygiene and incontinence product categories. The Thinx Inc. family of brands—Thinx, Thinx (BTWN), and Speax—are on a mission to create a healthier world through sustainable solutions to menstruation and incontinence.
Our people live our values daily and they serve as our cultural cornerstones.
- Be Accountable
- Be Profitable
- Be Human
- Be Curious
- Be Ambassadors
Thinx is seeking an enthusiastic Merchandise Planning Manager for our Wholesale channel who will be responsible for helping to create and manage sales and inventory plans and monthly re-projections across our Premium retailer accounts down to the SKU level by warehouse. The Merchandise Planning Manager will help Thinx grow our Premium business by analyzing, identifying, and communicating sales opportunities, and providing risk-mitigating recommendations. This role will report to the Associate Director of Merchandise Planning as well as work cross-functionally with all areas of the organization, including Partnership, Marketing, Brand & Creative, Product Development & Production, Web Development & UX, Operations, Finance, and CX.
The Work You’ll do:
- Create sales, margin, and inventory plans by brand, account, collection, style, and SKU. Analyze and report on previous quarter results; identify “missed sales” and growth drivers over prior year.
- Prepare sales, margin and inventory forecast and lead team in monthly OTB forecast meetings for current year; provide sales trend opportunity for future quarters, validate stock-to-sales relationships, maximize receipt flow to improve turn, and suggest pricing strategies to drive profitability.
- Recommend style count, cc count, and flow of goods by account for optimal results.
- Provide daily and weekly updates on business as it relates to the last forecast, identifying trends, and highlighting selling that exceeds or falls short of expectation.
- Initiate conversations with cross functional partners regarding potential risk or opportunities and suggested changes to course of action for both current and future quarters.
- Generate all Premium purchase orders and partner with Production and Operations Teams to ensure timely arrival of goods.
- Create SKUs and barcodes and maintain Merchandise Hierarchy for new Premium Wholesale products
- Collaborate with Product Development, Design, Marketing, and Finance Teams on assortment plans to align with sales and inventory strategies.
- Play an active role in creating, updating, and enhancing tools and processes that support the planning and buying function.
We’re excited about you because…
- You are a problem solver and self-starter. You are resourceful and able to creatively find solutions to problems, but you also know when to ask for help. You come to the table with insightful questions and thought starters and are also open to listening and learning from others.
- You love analyzing data. You enjoy synthesizing information and sharing your findings. You are effective at setting clear goals and measuring the impact of initiatives – whether it is about driving accuracy or time savings in team processes or changing our assortment to increase customer sales.
- You are a strong collaborator and communicator. You proactively build cross-functional partnerships within and outside of the company. You are effective at driving outcomes and change even without direct authority.
- You are passionate about our product. You are excited to get our innovative products out into the world. You are passionate about disrupting the menstrual hygiene and incontinence product categories and are always thinking with a customer first mindset.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 4+ years experience in merchandise planning, allocation, merchandising, financial planning, strategy, or business analytics. Amazon experience a plus.
- Strong analytical, financial modeling, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to build strong cross-functional partnerships and influence others.
- Ability to synthesize business performance into key highlights, root cause analysis and action plans.
- Ability to manage multiple work streams/projects with tight timelines.
- Strong technical aptitude, including advanced competency in Microsoft Excel and the ability to quickly master new applications and systems. Experience using Netsuite as ERP, a plus.
- Competitive Salary and Stock Options
- 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks and monthly child care stipend
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Annual training and development stipend
- 1x Monthly Mental Escape Days
- 30% discount on Thinx Inc products and a quarterly $100 spend
- $90 quarterly wellness stipend to spend on personal health and fitness
- $100 monthly WFH stipend to support your remote office needs
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.