Life at Elvie – Meaningful work. Exceptional people
We develop extraordinary and smart technologies designed to improve the lives of women. It’s a fascinating and challenging area that requires us to solve the problems that no one else has ever tackled before.
Our first product, Elvie Trainer, is an award-winning app-connected trainer that helps women strengthen their pelvic floor muscle via fun, five-minute workouts. It took the wellness industry by storm and is now available via the NHS Supply Chain. Our street cred is backed up by more than 12 awards for innovation and design, including the prestigious Red Dot Award and an IDA Design Award.
Our second innovation: Elvie Pump, the world’s first silent hands-free, wearable breast pump, has received international praise, including being listed as one of the Times 100 best inventions in 2019 and ‘Best of the Best’ at the Red Dot Awards 2020.
Our 3rd & 4th innovation: Elvie Catch and Elvie Curve launched on 7th October 2020. Elvie Curve uses natural suction to gently express milk during let-down while feeding or pumping from the other breast. It is small, compact, and securely worn in-bra. Elvie Catch, “Stops your leaks, not your day” is a set of two breast milk collection cups with slip-proof silicone skirts designed for total comfort and confidence. Discreet and fuss-free.
Elvie has received more than 30 awards, including being named one of 15 startups “To Watch” by The Sunday Times and ranked as the 6th fastest growing business in the UK by SyndicateRoom in 2019. Tania Boler has recently been rated as the 8th most influential person shaping British technology in 2019 by Business Insider and both products have been featured in the Oscar Nominee Gift Bags. In April 2019, Elvie announced a $42 million Series B, the largest ever fundraise in Femtech.
How do we like to work?
You will be surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them. People who are passionate about our mission. People who are driven to solve tough problems and constantly consider the best ways to improve the health and wellbeing of women.
We’re deeply proud of our values, which are intrinsic to the way we behave every day. We take them seriously because we want our culture to thrive:
- We’re fearless – We tackle taboos and break boundaries, requiring sensitivity and courage.
- We’re innovators – We are passionate, curious and data-driven. We are constantly learning how to work smarter, faster and better. Always embracing change and innovation.
- We’re in it together – Together, we are constantly learning, embracing change and seeking innovation, whilst having fun along the way. We stay authentic and embrace our differences.
- You’re keen to further progress your career as a senior supply chain professional, working for a dynamic company with ambitious plans for growth
- You’re an accomplished and experienced senior demand planner, with a number of years accumulated leading the end to end demand planning process for consumer products
- You’ve worked collaboratively with multiple senior commercial, operational and finance colleagues to generate your own forecast, influencing accordingly and built from commercial input, statistical overlay and your own category insight and expertise
- You’ve worked in an environment that is fast paced with challenging but achievable targets and an accelerated introduction of new products into new markets
- You have line managed, demonstrating your skill in leading, developing, energising and coaching.
- You are confident with the principles of CPFR, having worked closely with customers to maximise their stock availability and improve replenishment accuracy.
- You are confident technically and take personal accountability for driving process and system improvements to improve functional performance.
What you’ll be doing
- You’ll be reporting into the Global S&OP Manager and be part of a wider operational team encompassing logistics, fulfilment and procurement.
- You will be managing a small team.
- Your responsibility and accountability will include the creation, publication and measuring of a demand forecast for all Elvie products in all channels for designated geographical regions
- The ownership timeline of your forecast is from “cradle to grave” – from budgeting 2 years in advance to monitoring sales versus forecast and everything in between
- You’ll proactively engage with a number of functions to construct and improve your forecast. In particular you’ll be working closely with sales and marketing, challenging and supporting as appropriate
- You’ll be using designated tools that create a statistical forecast for you to augment and finesse. You will be a designated super user, taking accountability for upgrades and developments.
- Your role will facilitate successful new product introductions and expansion of existing products into new markets, as well as fine tuning products that may be cannibalised as a result
- You’ll be constantly monitoring your forecast and measuring its accuracy against defined targets, constantly striving to learn and improve.
- You will drive a new culture of focus to mid and long term to ensure forecast accuracy aligns with supply lead time constraints.
- We’re looking for a person with an analytical bias, comfortable interrogating and manipulating large data sets to convert into meaningful analysis and derive trends. We want you to create clarity out of ambiguity.
- We are also looking for somebody who can influence and is confident at sharing information and building an internal network of important stakeholders
- Another important trait is to be constantly inquisitive, relentlessly focussing on gleaning more insight into the category, researching and seeking support from Elvie colleagues
- We’re in the process of developing processes and systems so need somebody who is flexible and adaptable and willing to lead us to develop quickly, in order to support rapid planned growth
- You thrive in an entrepreneurial workspace, being highly self motivated and willing to immerse yourself in all things Elvie to develop your capability
- Experience of supply planning would be beneficial but not essential as this role works very closely with supply planning and some cross cover is envisaged
- Experience of direct to consumer, retailers and etailers is preferred, especially working with the global largest e-tailer.
- We want you to be passionate about you and your team’s performance and development. We want you to set stretch targets, monitor progress, ask for help and strive to achieve the best possible outcome
- We will need you to build scenarios and present to senior stakeholders as the business looks for clear fact based decision making to improve long term planning performance.
Note: you must have the right to work in the UK to apply for this role
We are looking after you. As well as the chance to develop products with real work impact and working with dedicated and passionate colleagues, our benefits have flexibility and wellbeing in mind with:
- Flexible work environment built on trust and autonomy
- Employee / friends & family discounts on Elvie products
- Annual personal development allowance & unlimited access to our learning & development platform
- A tax-efficient group pension scheme with SmartPension
- A tax-efficient charity donation scheme
- Life Insurance with Yulife
- Medical, Dental & Optical cash-plan
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family
- Generous employee referral program
- Cycle Scheme & Tech Scheme
- YuLife Well-being app & access to SmartHealth app with unlimited GP appointments for you and your family, plus various well-being initiatives throughout the year
At Elvie, we believe in having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don’t discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. We are a family-friendly employer with a culture based on trust, autonomy and flexibility, and are working on making our offices wheelchair friendly and breastfeeding friendly. We do our best to accommodate part-time requests and flexible requests as much as possible. We are also a member of UK Tech Talent Charter and proudly working in partnership with myGwork and Women’s tech hub.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.