Progyny is a leading fertility benefits company that combines service, science, technology and data to provide fertility solutions for self-insured employers.
We are looking for a Senior Accountant to provide accounting support in various areas of finance and accounting.
What you’ll do…
- Assist with the monthly financial close by preparing account reconciliations, recording journal entries and maintaining accurate supporting analysis and documentation with an expected focus on revenue and related areas (cost of sales, gross margin, sales commissions, etc.) as well as various other areas
- Analyze period-over-period fluctuations and provide insightful commentary of key business drivers; respond timely to inquiries through research and analysis
- Serve as the primary liaison for revenue/margin accounting and reporting matters between the accounting team and FP&A/Business Intelligence/Operations teams
- Support cross-functional initiatives on revenue and margin
- Work closely with the extended finance team to implement appropriate controls around financial reporting and accounting activities
- Assist outside auditors with quarterly and annual audits
- Identify areas for improvement; provide recommendations to management
- Additional responsibilities for special projects as they arise
- 3-4 years prior professional accounting experience with a mid-to-large size company or top public accounting firm
- Undergraduate degree in accounting required; CPA preferred
- Strong understanding of GAAP accounting required
- Experience at a publicly traded company and knowledge of SOX is a strong plus
- Experience in the health care / insurance industry is a plus
- Strong Excel skills and ability to efficiently work with large volumes of data
- Inquisitive; natural problem solver
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment with strong time-management skills, attention to detail, and demonstrated ability to multitask
- Candidate must be driven to deliver results with the ability to establish rapport, earn trust, and effectively collaborate with others
Progyny is a leading fertility benefits management company in the US. We are redefining fertility and family building benefits, proving that a comprehensive and inclusive fertility solution can simultaneously benefit employers, patients, and physicians. Our benefits solution empowers patients with education and guidance from a dedicated Patient Care Advocate (PCA), provides access to a premier network of fertility specialists using the latest science and technologies, reduces healthcare costs for the nation’s leading employers, and drives optimal clinical outcomes. We envision a world where anyone who wants to have a child can do so.
Our mission is to make any member’s dream of parenthood come true through a healthy, timely, and supported fertility and family building journey.
Come join a company that’s been recognized by Modern Healthcare as one of the Best Places to Work in Healthcare.
- Family friendly benefits:
- Paid maternity and paternity
- Fertility benefits (including egg freezing and IVF)
- Emergency childcare program
- Parent’s group
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance options for employees and family
- Paid vacation and summer flex time
- Company equity
- Bonus program
- 401K Match
- Monday breakfasts/ Friday lunches/ healthy snacks
- Company social events
- Sit/ stand desks
To apply for this job please visit progyny.com.