As a Salesforce Admin, you will primarily work with the Salesforce Development team and other functional Engineering teams to support the development Salesforce solutions. You will be responsible for the technical design, development, configuration, integration, management, and maintenance of Progyny’s Salesforce Platform.
What you’ll do…
- Serve as a system administrator for the Salesforce.com environment
- Handle basic administrative functions including user account maintenance, reports and dashboards, workflows and other routine tasks
- Complete regular internal system audits and backups, and prepare for upgrades
- Manage Salesforce.com data feeds and other integrations
- Manage Salesforce release activities
- Maintain consistency in Salesforce best practices across all Salesforce instances
- Coordinate the evaluation, scope and completion of new development requests
- Work with our Salesforce team to establish suitable processes to support administrative, development, and change management activities
- Assist in training of new users, and grow the Salesforce.com skill set across the organization
- Provide solutions that are highly scalable, extensible and easy to maintain while keeping the overall end-user experience in mind
- Take full control and responsibility for finding solution to highly ambiguous problems, and drive towards simple, but elegant solutions
- Highly motivated self-starter individual demonstrating integrity, initiative and innovation qualities
- Superior Salesforce administration skills, including Data Loader, REST, APIs, XTML, SOQL, and HTML.
- Salesforce Administrator Certification Required
- Over 3 Years’ Experience supporting and developing Salesforce platform solutions
- Understanding of all aspects of Salesforce, including Sales Cloud Professional experience in a test-driven and formal QA development environment, including development/staging/production (or similar) deployment cycles.
- Good knowledge of Salesforce Governor limits.
- Strong understanding of Salesforce.com best practices and functionality
- Knowledge of Release Upgrades, Updates, and Service Pack change implementation
- Knowledge of Salesforce monitoring tools to assess ongoing health, storage utilization, license utilization, etc.
- Experience using Dataloader, Workbench
- Experience with Salesforce Ligthning.
- Demonstrative success with at least one large Salesforce.com integration project
- Possess good oral and written documentation skills and be able to interact with other team members to deliver fast and reliable code. You will also be asked to contribute ideas, provide feedback and collaborate on many projects within the team’s portfolio that may be outside your domain expertise
- Administrative certification is a plus