Life at Elvie – Meaningful work. Exceptional people
We develop extraordinary and smart technologies designed to improve the lives of women. It’s a fascinating and challenging area that requires us to solve the problems that no one else has ever tackled before.
Our first product, Elvie Trainer, is an award-winning app-connected trainer that helps women strengthen their pelvic floor muscle via fun, five-minute workouts. It took the wellness industry by storm and is now available via the NHS Supply Chain. Our street cred is backed up by more than 12 awards for innovation and design, including the prestigious Red Dot Award and an IDA Design Award.
Our second innovation: Elvie Pump, the world’s first silent hands-free, wearable breast pump, has received international praise, including being listed as one of the Times 100 best inventions in 2019 and ‘wearable design of the year’ at the Dezeen Awards.
Elvie has received more than 30 awards, including being named one of 15 startups “To Watch” by The Sunday Times and ranked as the 6th fastest growing business in the UK by SyndicateRoom in 2019. Tania Boler has recently been rated as the 8th most influential person shaping british technology in 2019 by Business Insider and both products have been featured in the Oscar Nominee Gift Bags. In April 2019, Elvie announced a $42 million Series B, the largest ever fundraise in Femtech.
How do we like to work?
You will be surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them. People who are passionate about our mission. People who are driven to solve tough problems and constantly consider the best ways to improve the health and wellbeing of women.
We’re deeply proud of our values, which are intrinsic to the way we behave every day. We take them seriously because we want our culture to thrive:
- We’re fearless – We tackle taboos and break boundaries, requiring sensitivity and courage.
- We’re innovators – We are passionate, curious and data-driven. We are constantly learning how to work smarter, faster and better. Always embracing change and innovation.
- We’re in it together – Together, we are constantly learning, embracing change and seeking innovation, whilst having fun along the way. We stay authentic and embrace our differences.
About the role
Reporting to and working closely with the Finance Controller, you’ll be responsible for accounting and reporting on all revenues and marketing spend. You will work closely with the sales team to understand performance vs forecast and ensure sales reporting is timely and accurate for both business to business and direct to customer sales across all sales territories. You will support on VAT compliance in all territories. You will work with the marketing team to ensure costs are reported accurately and in sufficient detail to track vs forecast.
This role will suit a qualified accountant (up to 3 yeas PQE). You will be able to develop your finance career in a fast moving and growing business, which provides opportunity to develop new ways of working to respond to the changing business requirements.
What you’ll be doing
- Complete month end revenue accounting. Understand the elements of revenue – indirect and direct sales, discounts and returns. Including sales from US, UK, Europe and China
- Provide monthly sales reporting with a focus on both Geography/market and product
- Working with third party provider, support requirements for VAT returns for all markets
- Ensure system revenue recognition of B2B/B2C sales is aligned with contractual terms
- Complete marketing month end, work with the Marketing team to ensure correct allocation of cost by market and type and track spend to forecast.
- Prepare monthly reporting on marketing costs for Group management accounts
- Complete monthly reconciliation of revenue and marketing balance sheet accounts
- Set up weekly revenue reporting – define approach and agree outputs with the business
- New markets and products – understand new business development in markets and products and develop accounting and reporting to include new revenue streams
- Review and challenge finance processes to ensure these remain robust and fit-for-purpose as the business grows in size and complexity. Develop and implement new processes as required
- Drive the development of transactional revenue recording process in Netsuite
- Provide analysis and reporting as required by external auditors
- Qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA or ACCA) – 3 year PQE
- Experience in fast changing business, including Retail/e-commerce
- High attention to detail
- Comfortable communicating within finance and across the business
- Team player
- Fast learner and self-starter
- Curious and open to change
- Experienced with Netsuite
- Revenue recognition experience
Elvie is at the crest of a wave! Founded by women’s health expert Tania Boler and tech entrepreneur Alex Asseily, Elvie is a collection of bright and motivated team members working across the business to shape the emerging femtech industry.
We are passionate about creating disruptive products that address the challenges that matter most to women and dismantling the taboos around women’s bodies. Here, you can be part of a business and brand that has a positive and meaningful impact on the world, while learning a great deal and having fun.
What are some of the perks of working at Elvie?
We are looking after you. As well as the chance to develop products with real work impact and working with dedicated and passionate colleagues, our benefits have flexibility and wellbeing in mind with
- Flexible work environment built on trust and autonomy
- Employee / friends & family discounts on Elvie products
- Annual personal development allowance & unlimited access to our learning & development platform
- A tax-efficient group pension scheme with SmartPension
- A tax-efficient charity donation scheme
- Life Insurance with Yulife
- Medical, Dental & Optical cash-plan
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family
- Generous employee referral program
- Cycle Scheme & Tech Scheme
- YuLife Well-being app & access to SmartHealth app with unlimited GP appointments for you and your family, plus various well-being initiatives throughout the year
At Elvie, we believe in having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don’t discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. We are a family-friendly employer with a culture based on trust, autonomy and flexibility, and are working on making our offices wheelchair friendly and breastfeeding friendly. We do our best to accommodate part-time requests and flexible requests as much as possible. We are also a member of UK Tech Talent Charter and proudly working in partnership with myGwork and Women’s tech hub.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.