The Program Manager will lead the design and execution of new business critical initiatives or improvements to existing solutions. This role will report to the VP, Program Management and will be working cross-functionally with key operational teams and Engineering to ensure timely delivery of initiatives.
The ideal candidate will be detail oriented and experienced with project management and scrum. They must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to collaborate with diverse subject matter experts.
What you’ll do…
- Project manage and support each stage of an initiative (inception, execution, delivery) with clear, detailed plan, communication, and documentation.
- Collaborate closely with internal developers & external partners on execution of initiatives.
- Build specifications and designs by partnering with appropriate business owners to allow for easy transition of initiatives to development teams.
- Manage and identify both internal and external project risks, issues, and dependencies.
- Assist with backlog creation, refinement, and prioritization to ensure execution of initiatives.
- Monitor and report on initiative status and KPIs.
- Support key business teams in requirement gathering and operational process improvements.
- Cultivate and sustain effective partnerships across the business.
- Bachelor’s degree; preferred in STEM or software engineering.
- 2+ years of experience in program or product management.
- Strong technical skills – don’t have to be an engineer but can navigate APIs, databases, and system architecture.
- Experience coordinating requirements across diverse expertise and teams.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal with emphasis on stakeholder management – including the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong planning skills with emphasis on forecasting, prioritization, and estimation.
- Must be comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment with time-management skills, attention to detail, and demonstrated ability to multitask.
- Must be driven to deliver results with the ability to establish rapport, earn trust, and effectively collaborate with others.
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies and principles.
- Experience working with Project and Software Management tools (e.g., Jira, Monday).
- Certification such as CSM, SAFe, Six Sigma, etc. is a plus.
- Prior healthcare project management experience is a plus.
- Experience in Salesforce-specific projects is a plus.
- Software engineering background is a plus.
Progyny is a leading fertility benefits management company in the US. We are redefining fertility and family building benefits, proving that a comprehensive and inclusive fertility solution can simultaneously benefit employers, patients, and physicians. Our benefits solution empowers patients with education and guidance from a dedicated Patient Care Advocate (PCA), provides access to a premier network of fertility specialists using the latest science and technologies, reduces healthcare costs for the nation’s leading employers, and drives optimal clinical outcomes. We envision a world where anyone who wants to have a child can do so.
Our mission is to make any member’s dream of parenthood come true through a healthy, timely, and supported fertility and family building journey.
Come join a company that’s been recognized by Modern Healthcare as one of the Best Places to Work in Healthcare.
- Family friendly benefits:
- Paid maternity and paternity
- Fertility benefits (including egg freezing and IVF)
- Emergency childcare program
- Parent’s group
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance options for employees and family
- Paid vacation and summer flex time
- Company equity
- Bonus program
- 401K Match
- Monday breakfasts/ Friday lunches/ healthy snacks
- Company social events
- Sit/ stand desks
Progyny is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.