Ovia Health is looking for an experienced accessibility professional with experience in product management to work on Ovia Health’s accessibility effort – meeting WCAG 2.0 AA guidelines (and beyond) across the Ovia mobile apps. This position will focus on developing materials to support the product and engineering team and lead the accessibility project. This position is part of the product team. We are looking for someone with outstanding accessibility, communication, and interpersonal skills. A strong candidate for this role will be passionate about serving customers with disabilities, deeply familiar with WCAG, experienced working directly with product designers and engineering teams, and comfortable working within an agile, fast-paced environment.
What you will be doing:
- Promotes the strategic vision and mission for inclusive design & accessibility in the organization
- Conducts WCAG assessments of the Ovia apps (iOS, Android) and web products representing user acceptance with a deep knowledge of accessibility standards and user needs to identify and clearly document accessibility issues
- Leads team in conceptualizing and planning enhancements to product features and content to align with WCAG 2.0 AA compliance (may expand to 2.1 and beyond)
- Defines product requirements and use cases focused on disability inclusion.
- Breaks product requirements into individual tasks with clear acceptance criteria for engineering, including how a feature should behave
- Works with product designer to identify and prioritize visual impairments to product features in order to make them accessible, user testing when appropriate
- Collaborates with product development, product design, project management, and engineering to deliver, support, and manage high quality product and service launches.
- Help integrate accessibility testing into the development process
- Responsible for helping build accessibility into the fabric of how we build products. This may involve documenting best practices, conducting trainings for team members, and generally providing resources to drive expertise across the product & engineering teams.
- Stay up-to-date on technology, WCAG, and digital experience trends in order to be capable of communicating changes and updates to our approach to accessibility as well as to recommend new digital experiences or enhancements to existing experiences.
- Ability to speak to accessibility when it comes up with prospective clients and with other leaders and teams across the organization. This includes supporting compliance, RFP, audit, and client facing needs.
What we are looking for:
- At least 5 years in product management or software development
- Experience with JIRA and other product/engineering management tools is strongly preferred
- Web & mobile accessibility expertise
- Experience in professional Digital Accessibility testing, including with the following screen readers:
- TalkBack (Android)
- VoiceOver (iOS)
- Experience in evaluating native mobile applications for WCAG 2.0 A/AA conformance
- Preferred Skills/Certifications: IAAP Certified Professional in Accessibility Core Competencies (CPACC)
- Strong knowledge of accessibility standards and policy in the US and Worldwide
- Excellent spoken and written communication skill
- Experience as an auditor is a plus
What we offer:
We believe in Ovia Health’s mission and love what we do, and working at Ovia Health is a chance to be a part of something truly impactful. We value our employees tremendously and do what we can to help them stay happy and healthy, at work and away from it. In addition to a supportive and healthy environment, we offer:
- Flexible work schedule
- Generous parental leave
- Small, dynamic and tight-knit teams that encompass a supportive and collaborative atmosphere
- Growth and education stipend
- Employer contribution to 401k with immediate vesting plan
- Company provided MacBook Pro
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Ability to be fully office-optional; when in the office we have an open, fresh, cubicle-free office space, along with healthy and tasty office snacks, including coffee (cold brew on tap)
- Two options for medical insurance coverage
- Dental and Vision insurance coverage
We actively seek to reflect the community that we serve, and so individuals of all genders, race, sexual orientation, nationality, ability, veteran status, and educational background are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.