Based in sunny Los Angeles, Ritual is a direct-to-consumer health brand that believes it’s crucial to know not just what you’re putting into your body, but why you need it in the first place.
We’re transparent about our ingredients, where they’re sourced from, and have spent years conducting extensive research behind each of the premium nutrient forms we use. Our products are simple, effective, and backed by science. Our mission is simple: to empower people to feel their best by turning healthy habits into a ritual.
We have built a team of curious skeptics, world-class scientists, unconventional artists, expert marketers and analytical strategists that are on a mission to reinvent an entire industry. We’re well-funded, growing quickly, and committed to our mission. If you’re a team player who refuses to settle for the status quo, we want you. Welcome to your new daily Ritual.
Ritual is looking for a Product Development Manager on our R&D team to support our expansion in the Nutrition category. In this role, you’ll apply your expertise to manage nutrition innovations, ideation and the development of science-based product formulas. This is a great opportunity for someone with a passion for product development to join a small (but rapidly expanding) organization and take on responsibilities that are key to our continued growth.
What You’ll Do
● Manage projects with internal development teams, third party contract manufacturers/formulation labs, and flavor/fragrance houses.
● Drive formulation, product development and scale up to develop new products for our nutrition business
● Lead and coordinate prototype work, sensory evaluations, pilot production and commercial production steps.
● Work closely with project management teams to drive projects to launch dates.
● Procure and evaluate competitive benchmarks
● Identify opportunities for new product concepts and presenting to teams for consideration
● Manage product efficacy testing, utilizing expertise and experience for testing product efficacy and validating new claims.
● Interpret science to ensure products and claims are compliant within US regulations.
● Proactively stay on top of key product and regulatory trends that can unlock growth opportunities for our business in the product, ingredient or communications space
● Work closely with Marketing and Regulatory Affairs leadership to support marketing initiatives and brand assets (i.e. label copy, web content, marketing collateral etc.)
● Travel up to 15% of your time to contract sites, development partners and educational seminars (at the discretion of safety related to COVID-19).
Who You Are
● Organized- Ability to manage emails and calls with contract manufacturers, to stay on top of project expectations and delivery timelines.
● Passion for science- Excited to innovate and apply and evidence-basis to the category.
● Research-focused- Ability to translate the latest research studies into products and communications, as well as leading testing programs and human clinical trials.
● Detail-oriented- likes to get in the weeds when it comes to science and products.
● Analytical- Your decisions are always supported by thoughtful data and support. You are able to develop testing programs for the product category.
● Adaptable- As a company in high-growth mode, our processes, product offerings, and partners are constantly evolving. We need someone who can not only adapt to change but drive it and help the company adapt.
● Empowered- Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.
What You Need
● Education: BS in Food Science, Chemistry, Biology, Engineering, or other related science.
● Experience: 2-4 years product development, formulation chemistry, commercialization, other related science. Experience in development focused companies preferred.
● Knowledge of ingredient efficacy, gummies, capsules, powders, cGMP, regulatory affairs, stage-gate processes, consumer insights, and project management.
Since launching in October 2016, Ritual has grown to be a cultural revolution in the health industry. We’re not about pseudoscience, half-truths or health fads. We are simple, effective, and backed by real science. We also have some pretty great benefits & perks, including…
● Equity participation
● 401k Match – Up to 4%
● Unlimited PTO – 10 days minimum to keep you fresh
● Bi-Annual Performance Reviews
● “Ritual First Fridays” – Entire company works from home first Friday of each month
● 3 months paid maternity/paternity leave and we cover health insurance during any additional time taken under-protected baby bonding time off
● Catered lunch two days per week from a private chef
● In-office workout space, with Peloton!
● Shower room
● Meditation room
● Extremely dog-friendly office
● Kombucha/cold brew on tap
● Company offsite events (hikes, Dodger games, happy hours, etc.)
● Periodic private workouts with trainers in-office
● Homemade breakfast bagel cart in the office once a month
● Stocked kitchen: food, drinks, snacks
Ritual is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do impactful work together.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.