Ritual is looking for a talented Product Designer to join our growing XD team. Working collaboratively with teammates in design, product, engineering, and marketing—you will solve unique design problems and create flows that are as beautiful as they are effective. In this role you will utilize your background in eCommerce, working towards improvements in customer conversion, onboarding, activation, and retention. The ideal candidate is energized by the idea of tackling ambitious, measurable challenges as our eCommerce platform scales to new products, categories, and demographics.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, design, design. You’ll design the solutions, features, iterations, tests, and delightful moments that will take Ritual to the next level.
- Help synthesize user research from A/B testing to email surveys to one-on-one user testing. Work collaboratively with other teams including Product, Data, Marketing, Creative, Engineering, and Customer Experience.
- Continually explore new design trends, themes, best practices, and patterns across all platforms–—then determine how those should (or shouldn’t) be implemented into the Ritual experience.
- Always advocate for the user’s needs.
Who You Are:
- A Designer. You have an eye for color, typography, icons, use of space, and visual hierarchy. You excel in an agile environment, taking in primary and secondary research to inform deliberate design decisions.
- Tool Agnostic. Photoshop? Illustrator? Sketch? Figma? InVision? Principle? Sure you have preferences in order to be efficient, but you care more about what you’re making than what you’re using to make it.
- Communicator. You understand the importance of being able to both brainstorm with the wider team as well as articulate your individual design decisions. You’re all about efficiency and are able to work in a fast-paced environment and rely on strong communication skills to keep on task and flag project inconsistencies.
- Problem Solver. Your solutions take creative perspectives and new angles towards problems that guide the user every step of the way to solve real problems. You’re able to step in and think through design flows, accounting for different states and their system-wide implications.
- An eCommerce Wiz. You keep your finger on the pulse of design and are constantly seeking ways to create useful, usable, and delightful new experiences. You have a strong background in e-commerce—you have examples of work you’ve designed, shipped, tested, and iterated on and can speak to how it directly impacted the business.
- Up For A Challenge. You believe that just because something is difficult that it is not a reason for not doing it. In fact, that might be validation that it is worth doing, right?
What You Need:
- Education: Degree in fine art, design, interaction design, or related field. Equivalent work experience also accepted.
- Experience: 3-5 years of experience in product design, UI design and/or UX design in a fast-paced environment.
- Portfolio/work samples with relevant work showcasing user-centered design solutions.
- Strong project management experience, the ability to manage multiple responsibilities at one time.
- Strategic critical thinker who has a high attention to detail and is focused on brand quality.
- Deep understanding of user-centered design principles and best practices.
Since launching in October 2016, Ritual has grown to be a cultural revolution in the health industry. We’re not about pseudoscience, half-truths or health fads. We are simple, effective, and backed by real science. We have some pretty great benefits & perks related to our office environment, however, they have been limited due to the global health situation. See below for our adjusted available benefits + perks until we can get back into the office together!
● Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
● Healthcare & Dependent Care FSA
● Equity participation
● 401k Match – Up to 4%
● Pet Insurance
● Free Ritual Forever
● Unlimited PTO – 10 days minimum to keep you fresh
● 18 paid holidays
● Bi-Annual Performance Reviews
● “Ritual First Fridays” – Entire company takes off the first Friday of each month while we are working remotely
● 12 weeks paid maternity/paternity leave and we cover health insurance during any additional time taken under-protected baby bonding time off
● Periodic group workouts with trainers on Zoom
● Work from Home stipend
● Childcare stipend (monthly expense)
● Flex time for returning to work birth-parents
Ritual is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do impactful work together.