We help families that work, work. We are the family benefits platform that picks up where the healthcare systems leaves off.
Come join our legal team in supporting a fast-growing tech company shaping the future of family benefits! We are thrilled to be hiring a new Product Counsel at Cleo. While the focus may be on the product, this role is an opportunity to learn and grow in your legal practice. With a remote workforce serving families around the world, you will without a doubt be able to “try on” practice areas that you might not otherwise get exposure to in a larger legal department setting.
This role reports to the Head of Legal and Compliance.
- Work closely with Product, Engineering, and Member Operations teams to provide counseling and guidance on products, features, and initiatives
- Contribute to product and marketing release preparation by identifying and driving resolution of issues related to marketing and advertising compliance, intellectual property, consumer protection, health regulatory compliance, privacy, data rights, data security, and other legal and regulatory issues while balancing business objectives
- Work cross-functionally with key stakeholders, including Product/Engineering, Sales, Customer Success, Finance, and Member Operations to develop and deliver advice
- Anticipate and creatively resolve blockers for the business as they plan, build, and execute on their product roadmap
To be successful in this role you may have:
- Experience advising product, engineering, and operations teams in tech or health-tech companies or startups
- Great project management skills and the ability to work well in a fully-remote environment
- A desire to build relationships and comfortably interact with people across levels, functions and teams
- A passion for explaining complex legal and regulatory concepts simply
- Excellent commercial negotiation and drafting skills
- Experience enabling the launches of innovative, highly regulated, and/or global products
- Experience providing pragmatic, business-oriented and consumer-centric guidance related to global data privacy laws, including GDPR
You must also have:
- JD degree with 5+ years of combined relevant legal experience in a law firm, government, and/or an in-house legal department
- State bar license active and in good standing
- Please include a cover letter with your submission
- We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance