We help families that work, work. We are the family benefits platform that picks up where the healthcare systems leaves off.
As a Principal Engineer at Cleo, you’ll be helping to define and guide us through our technical direction and strategy. You’ll provide leadership and support to Cleo’s engineers at all levels, encouraging their growth and skill. As a team, we work closely with Design, Product Managers, QA, and Data Science to create the best solutions for our customers. We have a strong team culture and each engineer supports the learning and growth of everyone through brown bags, pairing, and tech huddles, resulting in the entire team’s growth and potential. If you believe you can make an impact on our mission, we want you!
This role reports to the Senior Manager of Engineering.
- Own large technical projects from design through deployment and production support
- Define and lead engineers ensuring best practices and quality standards. Think Production Readiness, Operation Excellence, Data Driven Decisions
- Mentor other engineers on developing high quality production software
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product, design, data, business, sales, and other functions in our company to help determine the best direction for our technology
To be successful in this role you may have:
- 10+ years of software engineering experience
- Expert knowledge in full stack system design
- Deep knowledge in data migration and management
- Familiarity with Python/Django
- Hands-on experience developing and deploying microservice architecture
- A proven track record of team leadership and mentorship
- Skill at partnering cross-functionally across organization
- An eagerness to evolve with a fast-paced startup for long term success (Built to Last, Scaling, Performance)
- Experience in the healthcare industry or in HIPAA/Compliance
Core Tech Stack:
- React Native
- PostgreSQL, Redis
- CircleCI, Aptible, AppCenter
- Sentry, SumoLogic, & NewRelic