Website Pomelo Care
Pomelo Care is a multi-disciplinary team of clinicians, engineers and problem solvers who are passionate about improving care for moms and babies. We are transforming outcomes for pregnant people and babies with evidence-based pregnancy and newborn care at scale. Our technology-driven care platform enables us to engage patients early, conduct individualized risk assessments for poor pregnancy outcomes, and deliver coordinated, personalized virtual care throughout pregnancy, NICU stays, and the first postpartum year. We measure ourselves by reductions in preterm births, NICU admissions, c-sections and maternal mortality; we improve outcomes and reduce healthcare spend.
Your North Star: Enroll patients as a frontline ambassador.
As an Outreach & Engagement Specialist, you will be responsible for making outbound calls to patients to enroll them into Pomelo Care services. You will also educate patients on Pomelo Care clinical and social resources available to them through their health plan. The ideal candidate will possess excellent verbal communication skills, empathy, and the ability to establish rapport with patients and families over the phone.
- Conduct outbound calls and digital outreach (SMS, email) to patients to provide information and education about Pomelo Care services and resources.
- Manage inbound calls from potential patients.
- Achieve member enrollment goals as driven by company KPIs.
- Support patients by answering their questions, addressing their concerns, and providing guidance on how Pomelo can support their needs.
- Document all interactions and maintain timely, accurate records of patient outreach activities.
- Collaborate internally and externally with healthcare providers, community organizations, and other stakeholders to ensure patients receive appropriate care and services.
- Work with families to schedule appointments and follow-up care as needed.
- Participate in training and development opportunities to stay current on healthcare trends and regulations.
Who you are
- Earned your Bachelor’s degree in social work, healthcare, or a related field.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Fluent in Spanish.
- Willing to work some nights and weekends.
- Are internet-connected, able to work remotely.
- Familiar working with people assigned to Medicaid health plans.
- Passionate about changing the current landscape of healthcare.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Bonus points if you have any of the following
- Experience working in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
- Experience in social work/community outreach.
- Ability to scope and tackle ambiguous problems.
Why you should join our team
By joining Pomelo, you will get in on the ground floor of a fast-moving, well-funded, and mission-driven startup where you will have a profound impact on the patients we serve. And you’ll learn, grow, be challenged, and have fun with your team while doing it.
We strive to create an environment where employees from all backgrounds are respected. We value working across disciplines, moving fast, data-driven decision making, learning, and always putting the patient first. We also offer:
- Competitive healthcare benefits
- Generous and flexible vacation policy
- Membership in the First Round Network (a curated and confidential community with events, guides, thousands of Q&A questions, and opportunities for 1-1 mentorship)
At Pomelo, we are committed to hiring the best team to improve outcomes for all mothers and babies, regardless of their background. We need diverse perspectives to reflect the diversity of problems we face and the population we serve. We look to hire people from a variety of backgrounds, including but not limited to race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our company’s size and industry, and are one part of the total compensation package that also includes benefits and other opportunities at Pomelo Care. In accordance with New York City, Colorado, California, and other applicable laws, Pomelo Care is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. Individual pay decisions are ultimately based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, geography, and balancing internal equity. A reasonable estimate of the current salary range is $40,000 to $50,000. We expect most candidates to fall in the middle of the range.
To apply for this job please visit www.pomelocare.com.