Mahmee, a maternal and infant telehealth and care coordination platform, is seeking a Medical Director. The Medical Director is the operational leader of the clinical program at Mahmee and is dually responsible for 1) providing operational and clinical oversight of Mahmee’s service lines, and 2) accelerating business development with payors, health systems and managed care organizations. This role oversees all clinical operations, with the objective of improving unit economics, operational performance and overall cohesiveness of the clinical service lines at Mahmee, as well as ensuring successful compliance to procedures and protocols. A passion and excitement for “making healthcare work” is critical to success in this role.
The Medical Director is tasked with establishing and monitoring standards and KPIs relating to clinical service delivery, patient satisfaction, employee satisfaction, and impact/outcomes. Crafting new models for delivering and financing maternal and infant healthcare that are successful and scalable is the definition of success in this role.
This is a full-time role based at the company’s headquarters in Los Angeles, CA. Work is expected to be performed remotely during the pandemic, and onsite in the LA office after the pandemic. Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes salary plus stock options and bonus. Medical, dental and vision benefits are included.
- Establish the clinical organization’s Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) and track the team’s progress and achievements
- Work in close partnership with Mahmee’s Chief Nursing Officer to align clinical staff recruiting, training, credentialing and management strategy with the operational goals and expectations of the clinical organization
- Set clinical program goals and budget; oversee financial performance (P&L) of the clinical organization
- Write/review clinical policies, procedures, and workflows, and actively manage the organization to ensure compliance
- Oversee service line scalability and unit economics to anticipate growth demands and ensure continuity of care programs and workflow processes for all clinical roles and specialties
- Implement quality assessments and track the success of performance improvement programs
- Advise/consult with other physicians and executives in Mahmee’s network on patient care and program implementations
- Participate in the design and implementation of new clinical programs
- Evaluate processes and systems of practice in accordance with local, state, and federal laws and guidelines
- Be a resource and mentor to other operational managers and clinical program leads
- Medical Doctor (M.D. or D.O.), Board Certified in obstetrics and gynecology, or family medicine with women’s health subspecialty training
- Graduate level degree in business, healthcare administration, operations, org development, or related field
- At least 10 years of direct clinical practice experience
- At least 3 years as an operational leader in a managed care organization
- Direct experience with value-based service bundles and payments
- Demonstrated track record of managing/supervising multiple clinical service lines and creating/balancing department budgets
- Direct experience with healthcare IT, including EMR/EHRs, CRMs, telehealth/virtual visits, and reporting/analytics tools
- Comfortable analyzing quantitative and qualitative feedback from patients and providers alike to uncover opportunities for workflow and user experience improvements
- Confidence in communicating with a variety of healthcare industry stakeholders and clinical professionals, and to bring everyone to the table through a shared vision for success
- Ability to work independently, change gears quickly, tend to multiple projects simultaneously, and act professionally under pressure
MCH Ventures is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Our company will not, under any circumstances, discriminate against an employee with regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, religion, disability, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics. As such, we aim to provide reasonable accommodation to any employee or qualified applicant with a disability.