Thinx Inc., an innovative company that is disrupting the menstrual hygiene and incontinence product categories. The Thinx Inc. family of brands—Thinx, Thinx (BTWN), and Speax—are on a mission to create a healthier world through sustainable solutions to menstruation and incontinence.
Our people live our values daily and they serve as our cultural cornerstones.
- Be Accountable
- Be Profitable
- Be Human
- Be Curious
- Be Ambassadors
Thinx Inc. seeks a strong Manager of Distribution and Fulfillment, who will oversee the day-to-day distribution needs within our growing distribution network. Our goal is to provide flawless execution and service upon delivery of goods.
This Manager will coordinate between Thinx and key partner 3PL / transportation networks to deliver a high volume of products to customers across the globe. This role will work cross-functionally with other internal teams, including Production/Product Development, Merchandise Planning, Partnerships, Finance, and CX to ensure we are executing on our delivery commitments to customers. We’re growing quickly and taking on a high degree of complexity in our business, so we need someone who can roll up their sleeves, remain flexible in a highly dynamic environment, and be an engaged member throughout our scaling process.
The Work You’ll do:
- You will collaborate with Production, Merchandise Planning, Partnerships, and Finance to ensure proper fulfillment of orders including stocking strategy, timing of order processing at DC, executional operations, supplier requirements, and order invoicing
- You will manage day-to-day tactical execution with 3PL and other transport partners
- You will strategically partner with 3PLs to review longer term strategic growth needs for existing and future customer volume
- You will address process or capability gaps with internal and external partners with proposed solutions/processes to amend them
- You will partner with the Wholesale team on upcoming orders, risks to orders and priorities, and management of expectations, providing a full scope of needs, requirements, and capabilities
- You will monitor and drive KPIs on operational performance measurement systems such as outbound order fulfillment rates, inbound receiving rates, order accuracy rate, on-time/in-full shipping and routing, non-compliance rates, inventory shrink, etc.
- You will perform root cause analysis to drive problem resolution relating to process and/or overall operational improvements
- You will troubleshoot EDI orders with our partners and drive closure to issues, ensuring 100% fulfillment and data processing completion
- You will serve as a subject matter expert for respective area and help troubleshoot fulfillment and transportation-related customer issues
- You will develop and implement SOPS (standard operating procedures) for 3PL warehouse management, customer management, and/or any other needs for incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of products, and maintaining high standards of inventory accuracy
- You will manage the collection, reporting and feedback regarding inventory transactions using NetSuite, excel, queries and WMS reporting
This role is key to strengthening our fulfillment capabilities and growing our distribution network, and thus growing the company. It reports directly to the Director, Distribution & Fulfillment.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have the proven ability to apply past learnings to improve processes and overall work quality. You are adept at translating and/or adapting existing processes and procedures for new business needs. You understand the implications of what those improvements or updates will mean for other cross-functional partners and are able to effectively communicate the process changes — from personal responsibilities to follow-up tasks. You have demonstrated success in driving cross-functional initiatives for which there may not have been a pre-existing playbook. You love to drive efficient, repeatable processes that generate consistent results, but aren’t afraid to iterate.
- You are an extremely analytical and critical thinker with a great propensity for problem-solving. You can connect the dots between business needs or constraints and executable process solutions. You’ll do what it takes to get the job done while simultaneously figuring out ways to automate, reduce friction, and increase quality. You like to think outside of the box and have never met a problem for which you couldn’t find a solution.
- You have the ability to succeed in an unstructured, growing, dynamic environment. You’ve lived in a world of unknowns and understand how to translate the unknowns into tangible action plans. You’re not afraid of change (whether it be big initiative changes or timeline changes) and thrive in environments where you’re allowed to define the context of a business situation, learn/understand it, propose solutions, and implement. You’re never afraid of what’s around the corner and can take the changes in measured steps to execute against flawlessly.
- You’re a strong collaborator and communicator. You proactively build cross-functional partnerships within and outside of the company. You are effective at driving outcomes and change even without direct authority.
- You have advanced experience within supply chain operations and cross-functional coordination. You understand the technical background of inbounds/outbounds and inventory management and how each cross-functional supply chain team overlaps with the other. You’re not afraid to introduce new ideas to all members, with the goal of optimizing total supply chain experience. You also understand existing supply chain construct constraints enough to know how to ease transitions and to plan for changes down the road.
- You are an enthusiastic, self-governing, accountable, and proactive team player who manages change with urgency & persistence. You love to operate both autonomously and within a team. You hold true to your commitments and deadlines and know when to communicate contrary to expectations. You know when to elevate requests or issues, and are always looking for ways to improve. You are eager to apply trusted team members’ feedback to ensure the highest quality output. If at first you may fail or encounter roadblocks, you keep at it until you find a new solution.
- 5+ years relevant experience in distribution and fulfillment, particularly mass retail wholesale management
- 1+ year people management experience
- Experience in ERP/WMS systems (NetSuite is a plus!)
- Experience working the operations of large mass and drug retailers (i.e. Target, Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, Costco, etc.)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Acute attention to detail and highly organized.
- Travel may be needed to our distribution centers (up to 10%)
- Competitive Salary and Stock Options
- 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks and monthly child care stipend
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Annual training and development stipend
- 1x Monthly Mental Escape Days
- 30% discount on Thinx Inc products and a quarterly $100 spend
- $90 quarterly wellness stipend to spend on personal health and fitness
- $100 monthly WFH stipend to support your remote office needs
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company.. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.