Maven is the largest virtual clinic for women’s and family health with a mission to improve the health of the world– one woman, one family at a time. Maven’s unique care model enables employers and health plans to improve maternal health outcomes and lower costs, while empowering parents to grow their families while growing their careers. Its platform is global, includes personalized programs across fertility, maternity, and parenting/pediatrics, and offers 24/7 access to Maven’s proprietary telemedicine network, the largest in women’s health.
Founded in 2014 by CEO Katherine Ryder, Maven was recognized in 2020 as Fast Company’s #1 Most Innovative Health Company. Maven has supported over 8 million women and families, and raised $92 million in funding from leading investors like Sequoia Capital, Oak HC/FT Partners, Icon Ventures, and individual strategic investors Reese Witherspoon, Mindy Kaling, Natalie Portman, and Anne Wojcicki.
Maven is looking to hire a Legal Operations Manager to support the Legal Team in its internal and cross functional efforts to optimize legal and regulatory support across the organization. This person will be involved in reviewing and managing a variety of partner, client, and vendor contracts, as well as managing various regulatory and compliance projects. This person will be the subject matter expert for the Legal Team’s system of record for contract negotiation and tracking. This role will engage proactively with the rest of the company, including Sales, Client Success, Product, Finance, Provider Operations, Care Operations, and Marketing, to advance Maven’s mission. To be successful in this role you will have a diverse set of skills, including strong organization and time management, attention to detail, crisp communication and an aptitude for enhancing productivity and efficiency.
As Legal Operations Manager at Maven, you will:
- Contract Management
- Client, Partner & Vendor Contracts: Support ongoing management of client and partner negotiations and contracts, including contract tracking, record keeping, and signature management. Support the management of vendor agreements (including but not limited to SaaS agreements, non-disclosure agreements, HIPAA business associate agreements, and data sharing agreements). Manage vendor onboarding process for the Legal Team, including review of vendor SOWs and onboarding.
- Provider Network Contracts: Assist with new provider agreements and amendments. Organize and manage provider and provider group contracts for ease of reference.
- Regulatory and Compliance Project Management
- Corporate Filings: Build project management workflows and liaise with internal and outside counsel to support provider group expansion
- Provider Licensure Support: Support providers in obtaining state licenses when appropriate, track progress towards outstanding licenses requested by business, and support ongoing monitoring of licenses.
- Clinical Compliance: Support project management of various clinical compliance efforts, including credentialing and onboarding workflows.
- Regulatory Research: Conduct state, federal, and international regulatory research and monitor regulatory changes to support Maven’s unique offering, with a focus on areas such as provider network management and rules related to telehealth, fertility, adoption, surrogacy, and egg freezing.
- Administrative Support
- Legal Technology Management: Prospect vendors and manage implementation and use of new Legal software and programs, both prospective and existing.
- Training: Develop company wide and/or department specific training sessions to support the Legal Team’s processes and initiatives.
- Communications and Presentations: Create and update slide decks used for internal alignment on matters of importance to the Legal Team
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Identify opportunities for improving contracting efficiencies and streamline workflows to make them more conducive to automation.
- Other: Support the Legal Team with other projects, plans and initiatives as necessary.
We’re looking for you to bring:
- Bachelor’s degree (law or paralegal degrees not required but welcomed)
- 3+ years of relevant experience preferred, ideally in legal operations at a high-growth health company or in a health practice at a law firm
- Prior exposure to legal documents, concepts and workflows (ideally prior negotiating or contract review experience)
- Experience working cross-functionally to address global contract issues
- Tech savvy and proficient with technology applications, including experience managing contract management tools such as Ironclad
- Ability to take initiative and propose solutions to address technical and operational challenges
- Solid time management and problem-solving skills, including the ability to think quickly and be resourceful
- Strong written, presentation, and verbal communication skills
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Benefits & Perks:
Maven employees are united in their quest to improve the health and well-being of women and their families in our community. We seek to empower all of our team members to fulfill that mission and reach their full potential regardless of function, geography or experience level. That’s why we invest in our employees, who are our most important asset in achieving our mission. To that end, we offer:
- Choice of great medical, dental, and vision insurance plan options, including a plan for which the premium for Mavens is 100% covered by Maven
- Access to the Maven platform service and free Maven appointments for Mavens and generous credits for family & friends
- Free One Medical membership
- 401(k) plan
- Unlimited paid time off
- Monthly stipend for your choice of wellness benefits
- Weekly stipend for a *free* lunch
- One-time stipend to enhance your work from home experience (We will be working remotely until sometime next year!)
- A variety of virtual team events such as musical performances, game nights & happy hours
- 12 weeks parental leave and 2 weeks flexible time upon return
- Annual professional development stipend
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 5 years
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.