We’re a collective of women fully embracing our next chapter, and together we’re creating a fresh approach to midlife. We can’t wait to meet you.
Revel is building the modern community for women over age 50. We are backed by Forerunner Ventures and Y Combinator and were recently named one of the Most Innovative Companies of 2020 by Fast Company.
- Revel is a community for women over 50+ where any member can create and/or attend events with other Revel members. Our Revel events and smaller groups are places to meet other women who are “Reveling” in mid-life — physically, emotionally, and intellectually.
- Revel began in 2019 in the San Francisco Bay Area with in-person events. We expanded to include virtual gatherings in light of Covid-19, and have added core geographies in LA, San Diego and the DC Metro area. Our virtual events and opportunities to connect online will continue even as our local area emerges from shelter-in-place advisories.
- 85% of the events on the Revel platform are created and run by our member-hosts. Our member-hosts are a special and integral part of the Revel community.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and detailed-oriented leader to own Revel’s host experience and operations. This position is a full-time role and will have input into designing the overall Revel host program and direct responsibility for managing the day to day operations of the department. Though this role to start will not involve direct management, you will have the opportunity to grow your team and lead your department as Revel grows.
We’re a small, remote* team where you’ll have immediate impact. You’ll work daily alongside our CEO, COO, VP of Engineering, and Director of Marketing — and most importantly, you’ll have direct contact daily with our members and hosts.
- Grow the percent of active Revel members who host from 5% today to 8% by end of year.
- Help create host recruitment and engagement strategies and initiatives.
- Develop systems for the host-experience flow from engagement, step by step tools, logistics, and support to maximize host-experience and event success.
- Create and run ‘surprise and delight’ programs for hosts, including but not limited to throwing exclusive host-only events, sending swag/gifts to hosts, and other appreciation-driven initiatives.
- Provide one on one support for Revel hosts, including helping to create and post her events to the website, joining her events to provide Revel support, gathering feedback from hosts and answering host questions.
*Our business team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, and before Covid we worked together in person. Our engineering and design teams have been remote from the start. You are welcome but not required to co-work with us in San Francisco.
WHAT WE VALUE
- 5+ years of hospitality or event experience (or equivalent consumer-facing role)
- Naturally detail oriented mindset
- Proactive, positive, and collaborative nature
- Curious, user-first mindset that’s always putting our members and hosts’ experience first
- Takes initiative, bring ideas to the table, and is able to troubleshoot or problem-solve in real time
- Has experience building, contributing, or working with operational processes
- Is a strong collaborator who embraces working on a small, transparent team
- Experience working with women’s groups, 50+ population, or have passion for expanding the visibility and empowerment of women in mid-life
- BONUS: Experience using Gmail, Google Office Suite (Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc.), Zendesk and/or other customer support and management tools
To apply for this job please visit landing.hellorevel.com.