Natural Cycles is the world’s leading startup in the area of contraception and reproductive health. We are all about education, scientific research, transparency, innovation and creating an impact. Together with a very passionate team gathered from all corners of the world we work on changing women’s lives every single day.
Our core product and, but most importantly, our users deserve great working hardware. We are looking for a Head of Hardware to lead the work on our next generation of hardware experience, which will unlock the field of wearable contraception & other areas in women’s health.
In this role you will develop and execute on our hardware strategy with the mission of bringing new bluetooth thermometers and consumer wearables to new & existing Natural Cycles users via partnerships & our own development. This shall be achieved with high quality & high speed by working agile, capital-efficiently and in close collaboration with both external and internal stakeholders.
The job location is flexible with preference for joining our Stockholm or Geneva office, fully remote may also be an option.
What you will be doing
- Manage hardware development projects with external agency in Switzerland and manufacturer in China, incl. sourcing and managing new hardware design and manufacturing partners
- Develop & manage partnerships with established hardware/wearable companies together with business development
- Design & execute clinical validation procedures with internal and external participants together with data science team
- Establish & maintain regulatory strategy, records & other documentation together with regulatory & compliance team
- Manage cross-functional projects with other stakeholders such as marketing, app, supply chain teams as hardware development approaches launch phase.
- Build and lead the hardware team
- Lead (or participate in defining) hardware strategy and roadmap
- Manage hardware budget
What skills and experience we think that you have
Key skills for success are
- to be precise and comprehensive in defining requirements/specifications for development work,
- to be able to evaluate whether partner’s workload & cost level estimations make sense,
- to be great at reviewing project progress, participating in solving bottlenecks and main obstacles, and facilitating partner’s & internal team’s drive to execute.
Required experience of
- Knowing and understanding the realities and risks in electronics, mechanics, firmware, ID, testing, mass production
- Technical background, e.g. mechanical/electrical engineering incl. project management in a hardware engineering environment.
- Agile/Modern way of working
How to apply
Simply click on the button below and on “Apply with LinkedIn” to connect your LinkedIn-profile to the application directly. Then all you have to do is to answer the questions in the application form – no CV or cover letter needed! Please note that only applications in English and submitted through the career site will be considered.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those from different backgrounds and experiences. To help us place the right people in the right role, we believe in science-based and fair assessment methods. Therefore, as part of our recruitment process, we use Alva Labs assessments to help us increase our hiring success by identifying the candidates that are most likely to thrive and be successful in the role.
About Natural Cycles
Natural Cycles is a revolutionary approach to birth control and family planning, empowering women to take informed decisions. Developed initially by two former physicists, our algorithm and app is clinically tested and backed by several international VC firms. Together with a very passionate team gathered from all corners of the world we work from our international offices on changing women’s lives every single day. We have a great familiar atmosphere and a truly diverse workplace with more than 20 nationalities and 70/30 in gender diversity.