Based in sunny Los Angeles,Ritual is a health brand led by the belief that you should know exactly what’s in your vitamin and how it works. We use only the best nutrient forms and publish our sources and research for all to see—because transparency is our thing. Our mission is simple: to inspire women to feel their best, every day, through healthy, daily habits. Our team of curious skeptics is made up of world-class scientists, artists, expert marketers and strategists. We’re well-funded, growing quickly and on a mission to reinvent an entire industry. If you’re a team player who refuses to settle for the industry standard, we want you. Welcome to your new daily Ritual.
Ritual is based in sunny Los Angeles but will be working remotely until the global health situation improves.
Ritual is looking for a Director of Quality Assurance to join our R&D team to support our expansion in the Nutrition and Personal Care products. In this role you will apply your expertise to lead all analytical initiatives for Ritual in close collaboration with manufacturers, suppliers, testing laboratories and certification organizations. This role will manage and deploy the risk assessment program for Ritual from ingredients to finished product. This is a great opportunity for someone with a strong technical background and passion for quality assurance and food safety to join a rapidly expanding organization and take on responsibilities that are key to our continued growth.
What You’ll Do
- Report directly to the Senior Director of Quality Assurance
- Be a key technical contributor in the development of new or existing products
- Actively participate in meetings with internal development teams, third party contract manufacturers/formulation labs and flavor/fragrance houses
- Develop and manage product stability studies in collaboration with third party partners
- Provide technical support for certification programs
- Drive continuous improvement and maintenance of quality and safety standards for all products and collaborate with cross functional resources (Operations, Product Development, etc.) to implement and maintain best practices
- Develops/executes risk assessment process and ensures risk assessments are properly conducted and appropriate actions are taken based on outcomes
- Define/execute sampling and testing plans for raw materials and finished products to ensure design conformance and safety
- Establish and implement product specification to be used for product release
- Provide leadership to ensure full regulatory compliance, including 21 CFR Part 111 and Part 117
- Establish, implement and maintain quality, safety and efficacy standards for all products
- Provide technical input to establish cGMP compliance
- Support QA program for FDA audit readiness
- Provide support for relevant quality customer inquiries/complaints
- Develop/execute vendor qualification criteria and QA processes
- Work closely with Product Development, Regulatory Affairs and Marketing and Regulatory Affairs leadership to support marketing initiatives and brand assets (i.e. label copy, web content, marketing collateral etc.)
Who You Are
- Technical acumen. Have a strong working knowledge of chemistry, food safety, microbiology and food manufacturing processes
- Experience. History of successfully developing and implementing product specifications and stability studies
- Project management. Ability to manage 3rd party contract labs, suppliers and contract manufacturers, to stay on top of project expectations and deliver timelines.
- Passion for science. Apply knowledge of analytical methods and apply problem solving skills to support product claims and safety
- Detail-oriented. Likes to get in the weeds when it comes to science and products
- Adaptable. As a company in high-growth mode, our processes, product offerings and partners are constantly evolving. We need someone who can not only adapt to change, but drive it and help the company adapt
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrated strength in inspiring a team-oriented collaborative environment
What You Need
- Education: Food Science, Microbiology, Engineering, Chemistry or Equivalent BS degree required, with a strong preference for a higher degree.
- Experience: Minimum 5 years of responsibility in food and/or supplement quality role
- Knowledge of ingredient efficacy, liquids, semi-solids, powders, formulation, analytical chemistry, cGMP, regulatory affairs, business processes (stage gates), category management and project management.
- Travel up to 10% of your time to contract sites, development partners and educational seminars.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.