Ro is the healthcare technology company building a patient-centric healthcare system. Ro’s vertically integrated primary care platform powers a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from diagnosis, to delivery of medication, to ongoing care. With a nationwide provider network, in-home care API, and proprietary pharmacy distribution centers, Ro seamlessly connects telehealth, diagnostics, and pharmacy services to provide high-quality, affordable healthcare without the need for insurance. Since 2017, Ro has facilitated more than six million digital healthcare visits in nearly every county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts. Visit Ro.co for more information.
Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company’s 2019 list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, listed by Inc. Magazine as the Best Place to Work in 2020, and earned its Great Place to Work Certification in 2020.
About the Role
We are looking for a Director of Product Design to lead the vision, execution, and optimization of delivering best-in-class care. You’ll be accountable for Ro’s patient-to-care-provider and provider-to-provider touchpoints focused on areas such as: queuing and communications (video/chat), medical diagnostics and alerting, as well feature builds that enable new product launches. As a leader within the broader Design team at Ro, you’ll report directly to the VP, Design, and work closely with other Directors to strengthen design processes and culture and promote design thinking in every area of our organization.
What You’ll Do
- You’ll collaborate with counterparts from the Tech Org (Product Design, Product, Engineering, and Data) to understand the requirements of various internal users (such as doctors, nurses, and medops personnel) and define design goals using the needs of our patients as a north star.
- You’ll establish design vision and strategy, both holistically and pursuant to key areas of focus in our Patient Care domain. You’ll play a prominent role in moving from strategy to execution, as well as serving as an internal thought leader and key facilitator of the design process. In addition to continuous improvement of existing systems and services, you’ll help launch new and innovative health care experiences on the Ro platform.
- You’ll help scale Product Design at Ro, both by hiring and developing the existing team. You’ll build upon our 2+ years of established design culture: first by understanding the whys and hows of our operation, our mission, and our values, then by adding your perspective and creating a space for others to continually share their own.
- You’ll work with other Directors of Product Design to prioritize and guide Design and Tech Org initiatives—such as our design systems, and our dedication to accessibility—and drive them towards meaningful milestones.
- You’ll foster cross-functional relationships with teams outside the Tech Org, including Medical, Medical Operations, Care, Legal, and others.
What You’ll Bring:
- 7+ years of product design experience with at least 2+ years of experience managing effective teams of Product Designers, UX Researchers, and other design roles.
- Experience in the healthcare field is not required, though a strong growth and systems mindset is. From this perspective, you’ll consult with in-house medical experts to arrive at meaningful goals and objectives for your team, and advocate for important design decisions to company leadership pursuant to those measures.
- As a mentor and coach to Designers and Researchers, you’re adept at giving and receiving feedback that improves design outcomes and fosters learning. You are obsessed with creating the right circumstances and conditions for the design to deliver value, and for individuals to create meaningful, career-defining work.
- As a leader, you are selfless and view your position as a Director as an opportunity to serve others. You deploy your team in a way that shares decision-making, encourages ownership and autonomy, and drives engagement. You recognize great design work and inspire others to achieve higher levels of excellence.
- A deep understanding of user-centric problem solving, design thinking, and the full cycle of the product development process. Your knowledge is rooted in experience as an expert practitioner of multiple design disciplines, which may include: service design, user experience design, interaction design, information architecture, user interface design, visual design, research, and others.
- Empathy for our patients, current, and future, as well as teammates and internal users of our products, such as in-house pharmacists, doctors, and care team members.
Benefits + Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Fitness reimbursement
- Paid maternity/parental leave
- A never-ending supply of office snacks + coffee + tea
- The cutest office dog you’ve ever seen
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.