Thinx Inc., an innovative company that is disrupting the menstrual hygiene and incontinence product categories. The Thinx Inc. family of brands—Thinx, Thinx (BTWN), and Speax—are on a mission to create a healthier world through sustainable solutions to menstruation and incontinence.
Our people live our values daily and they serve as our cultural cornerstones.
- Be Accountable
- Be Profitable
- Be Human
- Be Curious
- Be Ambassadors
Thinx seeks an exceptional Director to lead our Distribution & Fulfillment team, responsible for partnering with 3PLs to deliver a high volume of products to customers across the globe, through multiple sales channels, on time, in full, and within requirements. This role will report to the Sr. Director, Distribution & Logistics and will oversee the management of key 3PL relationships and work cross-functionally with other teams to ensure the right amount of product is at the right place at the right time. We’re growing quickly and taking on a high degree of complexity in our business, so we need someone who can roll up their sleeves, remain flexible in a highly dynamic environment, and help to build a scalable platform.
The Work You’ll Do:
- You will strategize, develop, and execute our global operations strategy to serve a variety of business models, customers, and markets
- This is an opportunity to streamline the global fulfillment strategy across our global partners, and to impact how we will work with the 3PLs to service customers
- You will manage the full lifecycle of 3PL partnership(s), from RFQ/RFP to oversight of the day-to-day execution, including project management of compliance and/or other regulatory needs, as well as major systematic integration updates
- You will drive KPI management and continuous improvement to optimize our partner performance via SLAs, SOPs, and KPIs around on-time delivery, receiving, transfers, order fulfillment accuracy, inventory accuracy, compliance, process, etc.
- You will develop and administer SOPS (standard operating procedures) within the organization and the team to execute fulfillment needs and different product strategies (including product launches, promotions, inventory reconciliation, inventory transitions, regulatory product compliance, etc.)
- This role is key in identifying, prioritizing, and implementing systems integration and operational process improvements at the macro and micro level, including the development and execution of cross-functional project plans
- You will partner with Merchandise Planning, Production, Product Development, Sales, Enterprise Systems, and Finance colleagues to improve processes, systems, and efficiency so we can continue to scale our business
- You will source and leverage new and existing distribution partners to ensure market competitive rates and services and to maintain key business KPI’s
- You will manage the collection, reporting and feedback regarding inventory transactions using NetSuite, excel, queries and WMS reporting
We’re Excited About You Because…
- You have the proven ability to apply past learnings to improve processes and overall work quality. You are adept at translating and/or adapting existing processes and procedures for new business needs. You understand the implications of what those improvements or updates will mean for other cross-functional partners and are able to effectively communicate the process changes — from personal responsibilities to follow-up tasks. You have demonstrated success in driving cross-functional initiatives for which there may not have been a pre-existing playbook. You love to drive efficient, repeatable processes that generate consistent results, but aren’t afraid to iterate.
- You are an extremely analytical and critical thinker with a great propensity for problem-solving. You can connect the dots between business needs or constraints and executable process solutions. You’ll do what it takes to get the job done while simultaneously figuring out ways to automate, reduce friction, and increase quality. You like to think outside of the box and have never met a problem for which you couldn’t find a solution.
- You have the ability to succeed in an unstructured, growing, dynamic environment. You’ve lived in a world of unknowns and understand how to translate the unknowns into tangible action plans. You’re not afraid of change (whether it be big initiative changes or timeline changes) and thrive in environments where you’re allowed to define the context of a business situation, learn/understand it, propose solutions, and implement. You’re never afraid of what’s around the corner and can take the changes in measured steps to execute against flawlessly.
- You’re a strong collaborator and communicator. You proactively build cross-functional partnerships within and outside of the company. You are effective at driving outcomes and change even without direct authority.
- You have advanced experience within supply chain operations and cross-functional coordination. You understand the technical background of inbounds/outbounds and inventory management and how each cross-functional supply chain team overlaps with the other. You’re not afraid to introduce new ideas to all members, with the goal of optimizing total supply chain experience. You also understand existing supply chain construct constraints enough to know how to ease transitions and to plan for changes down the road.
- You are an enthusiastic, self-governing, accountable, and proactive team player who manages change with urgency & persistence. You love to operate both autonomously and within a team. You hold true to your commitments and deadlines and know when to communicate contrary to expectations. You know when to elevate requests or issues, and are always looking for ways to improve. You are eager to apply trusted team members’ feedback to ensure the highest quality output. If at first you may fail or encounter roadblocks, you keep at it until you find a new solution.
- 10+ years relevant experience in global warehouse management, logistics and distribution with a successful track record of managing these operations
- Experience working in any consumer facing industry with broad, multi-brand product portfolios (Apparel, CPG, etc.) via DTC and wholesale models
- Strong Knowledge of ERP (NetSuite preferred), WMS, EDI and ASN data flows, shipping optimization, vendor compliance and routing guide standards, familiarity with FDA regulatory compliance, and overall distribution and supply chain trends
- Measurable experience with managing cost performance and improving inventory management, order management, and warehouse management systems and processes
- Strong track record of managing and guiding direct reports
- Cross functional project / program management and improvement experience with demonstrated influence in outcomes
- Ability to successfully problem solve in an unstructured, growing, dynamic environment with changing priorities — while maintaining discipline on key deliverables
- Enthusiastic, self-governing, accountable, and proactive team player who manages change with urgency & persistence
- Acute attention to detail and highly organized
- Highly analytical and critical thinker
- Competitive Salary and Stock Options
- 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks and monthly child care stipend
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Annual training and development stipend
- 1x Monthly Mental Escape Days
- 30% discount on Thinx Inc products and a quarterly $100 spend
- $90 quarterly wellness stipend to spend on personal health and fitness
- $100 monthly WFH stipend to support your remote office needs
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company.. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.