Maven is the virtual clinic dedicated to women’s and family health. Named to CB Insights “Digital Health 150”, Maven’s leading family benefits platform both advances women in the workplace and empowers every pathway to parenthood, making it easier for parents to start and grow a family during a critical time in their careers. Founded in 2014, Maven operates the largest proprietary women’s and family health telehealth network in the country, and has raised $42m in capital from top investors including Sequoia and Oak HC/FT. Named to Inc’s 2019 Female Founders 100, CEO Kate Ryder and Maven’s majority female Board of Directors are committed to building a company that offers expert, convenient, and compassionate care wherever you are, whenever you need it.
Maven is looking for an enthusiastic, experienced Data Analyst to help architect analytical frameworks and make data-driven decisions as our business expands. The Data Analyst, reporting to the Director of Data, will work closely with our Sales Operations, Client Success, Marketing, and Finance teams to provide forecasting and analytical frameworks. By leading the architecture and analysis of the data generated by our business, identifying areas of opportunity for specific business areas or stakeholder groups, and uncovering broader trends in our platform-wide dataset, the Data Analyst will drive efficiency and performance across the company.
As a Data Analyst at Maven, you will:
- Work with stakeholders on the Sales Operations, Client Success, Marketing, and Finance teams to provide forecasting and analytical frameworks as well as data models to automate elements of revenue operations
- Extract and transform data from all Maven data sources, both internal and 3rd party, using a variety of technical languages (primarily SQL and Python)
- Visualize results of analyses to translate and disseminate findings across Maven business teams
- Monitor business-focused KPIs and general business health, proactively flagging and investigating any irregularities
- Explore new ways to help our team and our company scale, such as adopting new packages or softwares, making internal tool improvements, or introducing new technical languages
We’re looking for you to bring:
- 3-5 years of product analytics experience and a strong background in SQL and data visualization
- Direct experience designing, building and maintaining data pipelines alongside an engineering team
- A bachelor’s degree from a top university with a focus on a quantitative fields such as: Math, Physics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science
- A passion for dissecting and reconstructing complex issues with a data-driven approach
- A technical bent and the ability to use data and tools to answer your own questions
- An interest in juggling both long-term, strategic projects and ad hoc, urgent requests as needed
- The ability to communicate well across all departments with team members of varying technical abilities
Helpful experiences and skills (if you don’t have them, you can learn them with us!):
- Experience with data visualization software (Looker a plus)
- Proficiency in a technical or coding language (Python, R, HTML)
- Experience with financial modeling and/or statistics
- Background in a healthcare-related field
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Benefits & Perks:
Maven employees are united in their quest to improve the health and well-being of women and their families in our community. We seek to empower all of our team members to fulfill that mission and reach their full potential regardless of function, geography or experience level. That’s why we invest in our employees, who are our most important asset in achieving our mission. To that end, we offer:
- Choice of great medical, dental, and vision insurance plan options, including a plan for which the premium for employees is 100% covered by Maven
- 401(k) plan
- Unlimited paid time off
- Free One Medical membership
- Monthly stipend for your choice of wellness benefits
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 12 weeks parental leave and 2 weeks flexible time upon return
- Annual professional development stipend
- Access to the Maven platform service and free Maven appointments for employees, family & friends
- Weekly team lunches and bagel breakfasts
- Bottomless office snacks and regular happy hours
- Annual company offsite
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 5 years
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.