Pill Club is seeking an exceptionally talented Creative Director to oversee the marketing creative department at a fast-growing direct-to-consumer brand that is on a mission to increase women’s access to reproductive healthcare.
Applicants must have demonstrated deep expertise managing and motivating a team of creatives to develop breakthrough marketing campaigns across a broad range of mediums with a test, learn, and iterate mindset.
This role will manage Pill Club’s marketing creative team and be responsible for ensuring that the environment, culture, team, processes and work support the strategic goals of the Pill Club business. She/he will own the creative vision and strategy to grow Pill Club’s customer base while at the same time building the most distinctive and engaging brand in our category. She/he will be responsible for building and scaling our creative operations, testing continuously, and using data to inform creative choices and prioritize initiatives.
Success in this role requires an excellent creative vision, bias for action, collaboration, calculated risk-taking, and the willingness to go above and beyond to help deliver business results.
Ideal Candidate: With a background in copywriting, you have held the role of acting Creative Director in either an agency or consumer brand company for at least 3 to 5 years. You have a proven ability to balance the need for results with the need for creative that captivates and delights a consumer brand target audience.
- Lead, inspire, and develop the creative team (including visual and web design, creative writing, and videography), continually honing their craft and achieving a high bar of excellence across initiatives and mediums
- Manage the workflow and production timelines of all creative marketing assets including email, the blog, direct mail, and Pill Club’s packaging and advertising
- Drive continual improvement in our creative quality, thinking and capabilities.
- Manage budget, hiring and management of external vendors and freelancers
- Partner closely with Product to develop and maintain brand guidelines, ensuring consistency across every department and customer touchpoint
- Work closely with Operations and Product to continually test and optimize our customer acquisition funnel
- Inspire innovation and big creative ideas throughout the company: everything from a spear-heading a major patient initiative to step-changing how we acquire new patients through digital performance marketing channels or offline programs/channels.
- Uncover insights through performance data and use the insights to inform creative development for maximum relevance and impact
- Be a resource on how mobile technology is fundamentally changing marketing
- 10+ years of experience in a creative/design role
- 3+ years working in performance marketing across both creative and funnel optimization
- 8+ years of experience designing and concepting for performance and brand marketing
- 5+ years of experience mentoring and managing a team
- Ability to leverage performance data to inform design choices
- Visual storytelling and communication skills. Specifically, the ability to articulate creative and strategic approach with experiencing in pitching advertising ideas
- Ability to communicate conceptual and design choices and the thought process behind them
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.