Prepare for life.
Our mission at Progenity is simple: to help healthcare providers and patients prepare for life. We provide the most advanced molecular technology and the highest levels of service to guide patient care at critical life stages. We continually seek people with the motivation and skills to advance our mission.
The Collections Associate is responsible for payment resolution for patients with an outstanding balance. The position requires follow up on patient’s bill and assisting patients with questions regarding billing and insurance questions over the phone. Excellent customer service and listening skills are necessary.
- Deliberates with patients by telephone to determine reason for overdue payment and review terms of sales, service, or credit contract.
- Receives payments and posts amount paid to patient account.
- Follows up on all claims from billing through final resolution.
- Corrects and identifies billing errors and resubmits claims to insurance carriers.
- Reviews Insurance EOB and initiates appeals as necessary.
- Confers with Billers & Coders as necessary to obtain additional information or clarification.
- Makes outbound collections calls in a professional and timely manner.
- Resolves client-billing issues and rescues accounts receivable.
- Identifies issues attributing to account delinquency.
- Scans and faxes documents pertaining to patient accounts received by carrier.
- Researches, analyzes, and resolves billing discrepancies between patient and client.
- Submits third party claims on the electronic billing system or prints to paper if appropriate, with necessary edits to ensure complaint billing practices.
- Reviews claims for accuracy and verification of diagnostic/procedural coding and provides documentation required for complete billing.
- Completes billing in a timely and urgent manner to ensure all claims are filed prior to filing deadlines.
- Records information about financial status of customer and status of collection efforts.
- Computes, classifies, and records numerical data to keep financial records complete.
- Processes and reconciles payments.
- Effectively communicates with patients to obtain payments to meet AR goal.
- Communicates discrepancies and issues with team lead.
- Provides clear and concise documentation of every action taken on an account in the systems collections notes.
- Reviews EOBs and requests Medical Records.
- Answers calls and interfaces with internal and external contacts.
- Provides administrative support within the appeals and grievances department. Duties include filing, faxing, scanning.
- Aggressively seeks final resolution on all denied medical claims.
- Provides ongoing appropriate collection activity on appeals until the payer has responded to the appeal.
- Reviews contracts, identifies billing or coding issues, and requests re-bills, secondary billing, or corrected bills as needed.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as deemed necessary.
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Knowledge of Medical CPT codes.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
- Must be willing to help others when needed.
- Must be willing to work overtime if/when required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Problem solving skills, using good judgment, and attention to detail are a must.
- Must be able to prioritize work, multi-task, and manage time efficiently.
To apply for this job please visit progenity.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.