Bloomlife is a mission-driven company solving the most significant yet underserved challenges today in maternal health. We are designing the future of prenatal care to improve the health of moms and babies, through the most advanced combination of technology, medical expertise, and data science. You’ll join a top talent, fun, diverse, tight-knit team of experienced professionals who have worked in healthcare and technology across multiple functions. We think big and bold, and relentlessly execute.
You’ll join the algorithm and data science team. You are responsible for the development of signal processing algorithms that are the foundations of Bloomlife’s products. You are critical and rigorous, and ensure that the data analysis process is trustworthy and reliable. You contribute to set up and maintain the tool chain to support data collection, inspection, annotation and storage. You come up with efficient approaches to evaluate data quality at run-time, and to filter measurement and environment artifacts where needed. You develop highly accurate and reliable algorithms to process electrophysiological data and extract relevant information for moms and doctors. You are hands on with the latest signal processing techniques. You are creative and come up with innovative approaches to signal processing and algorithm development. You are pragmatic and think ahead about the implementation of your models and algorithms in Bloomlife’s products.
Your responsibilities include:
- Curate, annotate and organize high quality datasets integrating data from Bloomlife devices, standard-of-care reference devices, patient reported outcomes, patient data and medical data
- Develop low-level signal processing algorithms and filters to detect and remove environment, measurement and physiological artifacts
- Develop signal processing algorithms to analyze electrophysiological and ballistic signals and extract physiological information about a pregnant woman and her baby
- Develop unit and system level testing and perform algorithm verification in-line with IEC 62304 and regulatory and quality requirements
- Work with the engineering team to productize your work, embed algorithms in Bloomlife products and ensure their successful deployment in the field
- Interface with product, clinical, regulatory and marketing, to understand the business needs and align your developments accordingly
- Provide guidance on industry best practices around signal processing and engineering
You’re an experienced biomedical algorithm and signal processing engineer, passionate about applying your knowledge and skills to building products and services that impact pregnant women’s lives. You have experience in signal processing for electrophysiological signals and have developed algorithms for EMG, EEG or ECG analysis. You have spent part of your career developing algorithms for commercial products. You don’t shy away from ambitious timelines. You enjoy working in high paced environments with frequent releases, and get your motivation from seeing your work deployed in the field and used in moms’ and doctors’ hands. You have experience with development and verification of algorithms, and with working under quality management systems, under IEC 62304 standard, or have been involved in regulatory submissions.
You’re curious. You challenge the status quo. You show creative thinking and continuously come up with ideas and strategies to improve signal processing and algorithms. You play for the team. You take pride in delivering high quality results on time.
You are detail-oriented and to show that you will put a comment about John Braxton Hicks in your cover letter.
To succeed in this role, it will help to have:
- Ph.D. or M.Sc. in biomedical engineering, electrical engineering or equivalent
- 3+ year experience in developing algorithms for the processing and analysis of electrophysiological signals
- Track record of developing algorithms for commercial products
- MATLAB guru, with working knowledge of Python or C/C++
- Experience unit testing and system-level testing, and with design verification is a plus
- Experience with IEC 62304 or working within a quality management system is a plus
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills
Bloomlife has been recognized for our vision to rethink prenatal care and impact the lives of families globally including winning Richard Branson’s Extreme Tech Challenge, J&J Quickfire Challenge Winner, MedTech Innovator Award, Best Health Startup LAUNCH 2016, Ideas from Europe Finalist, CLIO Award Finalist, and speaking at the White House Precision Public Health Summit.
You will join a young, dynamic and international team who’s passionate about using technologies for a better living. You are an early member of a growing start-up with recent successes, and get to experience first hand the excitement of start-up life. Your work will be highly visible to company founders, directly shape our products and impact people’s lives. We offer a flexible work environment, remote work culture and a compensation package combining salary and stock options. You are attached to one of our European offices in Liege (Belgium), Genk (Belgium) or Eindhoven (The Netherlands). This position can be on-site or fully remote.