Maven is the largest virtual clinic for women’s and family health, offering continuous, holistic care for fertility, pregnancy and parenting. Maven’s award-winning digital programs are trusted by leading employers and health plans to reduce costs and drive better health outcomes for both parents and children. Founded in 2014 by CEO Kate Ryder, Maven has supported more than 10 million women and families to date. Maven has raised more than $200 million in funding from leading investors including Sequoia, Oak HC/FT, Dragoneer Investment Group and Lux Capital.
Recent awards include:
- FORTUNE Best Place to Work in Health Care (2021)
- FORTUNE Best Place to Work in New York (2021)
- PARENTS@WORK Best Places to Work for Parents (2021)
- ROCK HEALTH Disruptive Founder of the Year (2021)
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK Certified (2021)
- FAST COMPANY #1 Most Innovative Company in Health (2020)
- CB INSIGHTS Digital Health 150 (2020)
- INTERBRAND Breakthrough Brand (2020)
As our new Associate Vice President (AVP) of Payer Sales, you will support the department’s head, leading identification and negotiation of new payer partnerships with the goal of maximizing revenue generating opportunities for the business. Ultimately your goal will be to build enduring partnerships, driving meaningful growth for both Maven and the partner.
At Maven, You’ll:
- Own a sales strategy (and assigned territory) as well as process that results in landing new clients
- Manage groups through the sales process – from qualification to close
- Develop and maintain a network of relationships with key stakeholders in healthcare: industry associations, payers, brokers, benefits admin. platforms, exchanges, etc.
- Present and deliver Maven’s value proposition virtually and in person
- Highly motivated, self-starting, and results-oriented
- Work closely with cross functional teams to mature the sales process by incorporating market feedback and learnings from cross functional internal collaboration.
We’re looking for you to bring:
- Successful track record and 100%+ quota attainment for past 3+ years
- 8-10 years experience in digital health sales
- Demonstrated success working with large employers, health systems, health plans, healthcare IT companies, PBMs, and benefits consultants
- Experience leading complex sales or consulting environments
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience in Salesforce
- The ability to energize, develop and build rapport at all levels within an organization
- Strong motivation and initiative, with a passion for exceeding goals
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong writing and presentation skills, with the ability to convey compelling messages in small and large group settings, both in-person and remotely
- Strong project and account management skills
- Strong critical-thinking and analytical skills
- A strong sense of teamwork, with productive collaboration skills
Helpful experiences and skills:
- A network of relationships with key stakeholders in healthcare: payers, industry associations, brokers, benefits admin. platforms, exchanges, etc.
- Passion for documenting and contributing new ideas and feedback from market to product
- Experience in strategy, program or product management in a payer or provider environment
- Experience working cross-functionally in a start-up environment
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences enrich our teams and allow us to achieve above and beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application and how it can be additive to our teams.
Benefits & Perks:
Maven employees are united in their quest to improve the health and well-being of women and their families in our community. We seek to empower all of our team members to fulfill that mission and reach their full potential regardless of function, geography or experience level. That’s why we invest in our employees, who are our most important asset in achieving our mission. To that end, we offer:
- Choice of great medical, dental, and vision insurance plan options, including a plan for which the premium for Mavens is 100% covered by Maven
- Access to the Maven platform service and free Maven appointments for Mavens and generous credits for family & friends
- Free One Medical membership
- 401(k) match
- Unlimited paid time off
- Monthly stipend for your choice of wellness benefits
- Weekly stipend for a *free* lunch
- One-time stipend to enhance your work from home experience (We will be working remotely until sometime next year!)
- A variety of virtual team events such as musical performances, game nights & happy hours
- 12 weeks parental leave and 2 weeks flexible time upon return
- Annual professional development stipend
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 5 years
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.