The Flex Company was founded on the belief that people deserve innovative and sustainable period products. Our mission is to create industry-defining products and services that set a new global standard for period health. Four years ago we launched the most innovative period product since the tampon: the menstrual disc. It had been nearly 80 years since the tampon was introduced, and our new product was quickly embraced by consumers everywhere. Flex started as a digitally native brand with one product, and quickly grew to a family of period products sold online and in top national retailers such as Target, CVS, and Walgreens.
The Flex Disc™ Flex Cup™ generate 60% less waste than tampons and pads and can be worn for up to 12 hours, all while maintaining the highest level of comfort through inventive engineering and rigorous testing.
We’re looking for an ambitious Associate Marketing Manager to support Flex’s retail and product launches. They will support the Flex brand and retail team by creating effective launch campaigns that incorporate various channels, including social media, email, and blog content. This person will be a strong cross-functional partner to the team and must be a team player, organized, and have ability to effectively project manage.
The ideal candidate has 2-5 years of marketing experience, ideally at a consumer brand or a media agency. They ideally have experience in social media, email marketing, and knowledge of content marketing.
This role reports to the Director of Product Marketing. Due to Covid-19, this role will work remotely through most of 2021. In the after-times, it will be based at our headquarters in Venice, CA or a satellite office in Oakland, CA.
- Project manage the retail launch plan for Flex products across various channels, including social media, email, and blog content.
- Assist in executing go-to-market campaigns for Flex product launches, working cross-functionally with other teams.
- Work collaboratively with the copy, social and creative teams to execute thematic and seasonal marketing campaigns.
- Write marketing decks that communicate concepts to help drive compelling creative across channels.
- Develop creative collateral to support Flex’s retail team- including meeting decks, brand swag, and product kits.
- Assist in supporting brand marketing initiatives as needed, including measuring and reporting organic brand growth.
- You have a collaborative mindset and can work cross-functionally with a variety of teams.
- You are a creative thinker who can generate marketing campaign ideas that will delight Flex consumers and drive sales.
- You are proactive and organized, and can manage projects effectively to ensure that a campaign launches stays on track.
- You are humble, proactive, creative, and naturally curious.
- You optimize for trust. You have a track record of taking accountability for mistakes rather than blaming others. You communicate needs, concerns, and feedback directly with colleagues.
- You have a growth mindset. You take constructive feedback well and actively seek feedback from colleagues. You are self-motivated to generate your best work and make a greater impact every day.
- You are comfortable being your authentic self at work (including in the interview!).
- 2-5 years prior marketing experience, in the consumer space is preferred Stellar communication / writing skills (some copy-writing ability is a plus)
- Experience leveraging data and trends to generate insights is a plus Highly organized and detail oriented
- Experience managing campaigns or projects with cross-functional teams
- Thorough knowledge of the social media marketing industry, strategies and tactics
- Must be eligible to work in the United States Experience in the health, wellness, lifestyle, or fashion industries is a plus
In 1 month you will:
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of company mission, vision, and values.
- Have a strong understanding of the Flex’s brand marketing and retail functions, and your core responsibilities in assisting with launches and campaigns.
- Work cross-functionally to support the retail team with marketing collateral and creative initiatives.
- Build rapport with cross-functional teams that will be involved in retail and product launches.
- Assist Brand Marketing in measuring and reporting organic brand growth.
In 3 months you will:
- Concept and own thematic and seasonal marketing campaigns.
- Assist Product Marketing in developing marketing campaigns to support new product launches and branding initiatives.
In 6 months you will:
- Be seen as a creative cross-functional asset by multiple teams.
- Help the retail sales and growth marketing teams to grow online and in-store purchases, and subscriber retention, through creative programs and campaigns.
- Manage planning and coordination of product and retail launches, leading and working collaboratively with internal and external teams.
Our shared values:
- Choose Love Over Fear: You make sound decisions from a belief in yourself, others, or opportunities rather than out of fear.
- Optimize For Trust: You have a track record of taking accountability for mistakes rather than blaming others. You communicate needs, concerns, and feedback directly with colleagues.
- Have a Growth Mindset: You take constructive feedback well and actively seek feedback from colleagues. You are self-motivated to generate your best work and make a greater impact everyday.
- Be You: You are comfortable being your authentic self at work (including in the interview!).
About The Flex Company
The Flex Company was founded on the belief that people deserve innovative, sustainable, life-changing period products. After years of disappointment and discomfort trying dozens of products, Lauren Schulte Wang founded Flex to create body-safe, medical grade alternatives that outperform traditional period products. The Flex Disc and Flex Cup generate 60% less waste and have the capacity of up to three super tampons, all while maintaining the highest level of comfort through inventive engineering and rigorous testing.
Flex is sold at over 25,000 stores across the US and is the #1 alternative period product brand based on units sold. Committed to making its life-changing products accessible to as many people possible, Flex is available at Target, CVS, and Walgreens, and at flexfits.com.
The Flex Company is dedicated to equity in all that we do: from hiring to the design of our flagship products. Diversity is not a nice-to-have. It’s critical to the ideas, talent, and processes that help us create the most positive impact for our customers and for each other as colleagues.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, age, and other protected classes. We encourage people of all backgrounds and identities including Black and other under-represented minorities to apply to be a team member at The Flex Company.
We pay competitive salaries, equity, & benefits including (but not limited to) medical, dental and vision health insurance, paid parental leave, cell phone reimbursement, and $1,000 annual learning credit to apply to anything that helps you grow professionally.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.