Women's #healthcare made modern. Led by women, for women. Medications prescribed online under a doctors care. Delivered to you for free.
- Adhere to clinical guidelines and telemedicine regulations.
- Work with the Chief Medical Director, Clinical Operations Director, and the Director of Patient Operations to create and implement process improvements for both the patient and clinician experiences.
- Collaborate in the clinical implementation of new medical conditions.
- Actively participate in daily clinical operations tasks that include resolving order issues with our partner pharmacies, monitoring and following up on patient and provider messages and requests, tracking/documenting within specified time intervals.
- Evaluate, assess, and document patients’ questions, concerns, and appropriate intervention(s). Must implement critical thinking to provide the best allocation of health services per patient’s need (i.e. further evaluation with in-person PCP or OB-GYN, referral to local urgent care/ER, etc.). Appointment scheduling may be involved.
- Be able to navigate through various software applications simultaneously, including handling inbound calls and performing patient callbacks.
- Hande inquiries and complaints pursuant to the procedure, by adhering to legal and ethical requirements, and company policies and procedures.
- Support efforts to meet or exceed objectives in key performance indicators that include: inquiry response times, ticketing management (for bugs and issues), customer satisfaction, and renewal metrics.
- Board Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) with 5 or more years of experience in ambulatory Primary Care, including women’s reproductive health, and mental health conditions.
- Empathy for all persons seeking medical care and support.
- Comfortable and productive working independently, developing and implementing process improvement projects.
- Ability to delegate and make sound clinical judgments with patient safety as a top priority.
- Experience working with electronic medical or health records (EMR, EHR)
- Experience working with Google Docs or Microsoft Office, especially worksheets/Excel
- Experience with platforms like Athena EMR, Zendesk is a plus; willingness to learn is a must.
- Exceptional organizational and written and verbal communication skills.
You may be a great fit if you are…
- Independent and self-motivated to work remotely
- Technologically savvy and skilled at using online tools and technology to deliver care and communicate with patients.
- Excited to work in a fast-paced startup environment where you will play a key role in developing our foundational processes and content for customer success & clinical operations.
- Comfortable and excited about being a part of a collaborative patient-care team that includes doctors, nurse practitioners, nurses, and pharmacy technicians.
- Super organized and capable of ensuring all patients’ needs are addressed thoughtfully and promptly at the close of each day.
- Adaptable in a fast-paced startup environment where processes may change quickly and frequently.
- Willingness to be on-call on occasional weekends, holidays, or evenings.
- Being a part of a collaborative team that is actively increasing affordable access to healthcare for all persons and being able to see your impact on patients, immediately.
- Working remotely
- Competitive salary
- Flexible vacation
- Health, dental, and vision
- 401k retirement savings plan
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.