The Flex Company was founded on the belief that people deserve innovative and sustainable period products. Our mission is to create industry-defining products and services that set a new global standard for period health. Four years ago, we launched the most innovative period product since the tampon: the menstrual disc. It had been nearly 80 years since the tampon was introduced, and our new product was quickly embraced by consumers everywhere. Flex started as a digitally native brand with one product and quickly grew to a family of period products sold online and in top national retailers such as Target, CVS, and Walgreens.
The Flex Disc™and Flex Cup™ generates 60% less waste than tampons and pads and can be worn for up to 12 hours, all while maintaining the highest level of comfort through inventive engineering and rigorous testing.
We are looking for a Head of Growth that will lead our performance marketing spending as we achieve the next level of company growth and make Flex a household name. This role reports to the VP of Revenue.
Due to Covid-19, this role will work remotely within the United States unless otherwise discussed.
- You are a skilled Growth leader, who possesses the ability to work independently, are self-motivated and results-oriented but still be an excellent team player. You possess the skills to mentor and grow a team. You have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and high-energy environment that requires the ability to multi-task and implement high-priority initiatives. You are able to demonstrate a deep curiosity and empathy towards our customers. You exhibit a growth mindset and a willingness to take risks. You are relentless and able to learn and adapt quickly.
- Develop online & offline strategies to drive user growth across digital & traditional channels
- Build out, execute, measure & optimize growth campaigns and media mix
- Brainstorm and implement new ways to optimize campaigns and internal workstreams
- Identify and test new audience development opportunities
- Provide thought leadership and perspective for the adoption of media & technology
- Build & manage foundational reporting that tracks Flex’s key success metrics for paid acquisition
- Establish a deep understanding of each channels’ unit economics & its interchannel effects
- Review aggregated data sets by channel and draw insights with recommendations
- Provide weekly/monthly/quarterly trend and performance share outs to cross-functional teams
- Collaborate closely with the Creative, Brand, Product & external creative agencies to develop insight-driven, breakthrough creative
- Identify learning opportunities & leverage actionable insights using category research & Flex value props
- Perform creative research & always know the characteristics of a high-performing ad & landing page
- 5+ years experience working directly on multimillion-dollar paid social user acquisition campaigns at a paid social agency and/or brand side
- Expert in Facebook or Google Ads
- Offline experience is a plus
- Previous experience allocating budgets across channels
- Landing page development experience with partners like Unbounce, Contently, Instapage, etc.
- A/B & Multivariate (MVT) media testing experience
- Experience in working with large datasets and performing quantitative analysis
- Keen understanding of the consumer mindset
In 1 month you will:
- Assume ownership of performance KPIs on day 1
- Quickly gain an understanding of product offerings, customer personas, and omnichannel business
- Develop your 30/60/90 day plan and have achieved your 30-day results
- Identify gaps on the team and collaborates with the People Operations team to initiate a hiring plan
In 3 months you will:
- Assume ownership of forecasting process and channel strategy
- Determine allocation of spend across all channels as well as testing/validation of new channels and campaigns within channels
- Create a new standard for data-driven decision-making with your team
- Establish yourself as a cross-functional thought partner
In 6 months you will:
- Build a high-performance team that can maintain the hockey stick growth
- Identify a roadmap for continued scaling of acquisition into 2022
- Set a new bar for the embodiment of our values: Choose Love Over Fear, Have a Growth Mindset, Optimize for Trust, and Be You
- Develop and mentor your direct reports and accelerate their career growth
Our shared values:
- Choose Love Over Fear: You make sound decisions from a belief in yourself, others, or opportunities rather than out of fear.
- Optimize For Trust: You have a track record of taking accountability for mistakes rather than blaming others. You communicate needs, concerns, and feedback directly with colleagues.
- Have a Growth Mindset: You take constructive feedback well and actively seek feedback from colleagues. You are self-motivated to generate your best work and make a greater impact every day.
- Be You: You are comfortable being your authentic self at work (including in the interview!).
About The Flex Company
Flex is sold at over 25,000 stores across the US and is the #1 alternative period product brand based on units sold. Committed to making its life-changing products accessible to as many people as possible, Flex is available at Target, CVS, Walgreens, and flexfits.com.
The Flex Company is dedicated to equity in all that we do: from hiring to the design of our flagship products. Diversity is not a nice-to-have. It’s critical to the ideas, talent, and processes that help us create the most positive impact for our customers and each other as colleagues.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, age, and other protected classes. We encourage people of all backgrounds and identities, including Black and other underrepresented minorities, to apply to be a team member at The Flex Company.
We pay competitive salaries, equity, & benefits, including (but not limited to) medical, dental, and vision health insurance, paid parental leave, cell phone reimbursement, and $1,000 annual learning credit to apply to anything that helps you grow professionally.