Oura is an award-winning and fast-growing startup that helps people track all stages of sleep and activity using the Oura Ring and connected app. By providing daily feedback and practical steps to inspire healthy lifestyles, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of people improve their sleep, understand their bodies, and transform their health. We’re on a mission to empower every person to own their inner potential, and we’re seeking candidates who want to make an impact on our journey.
We are looking for our Head of Finance who will be responsible for leading our rapidly growing company through the next phase of its expansion. You’ll be a strategic partner to the CEO, overseeing all financial related matters where depth and scope is relative to the size of the company.
The ideal candidate has experience creating financial plans for a B2C company in the hardware and manufacturing space, according to the company’s strategic plan. This individual will be directing financing strategies, analysis, forecasting and budget management.
You’ll be based out of our SF office.
What you will do:
- Provide advice on all financial matters to the COO and CEO and assists in the formulation of overall corporate objectives.
- Direct and coordinate departmental financial planning and budget management functions.
- Own our financial model and understand how to best leverage our working capital
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance.
- Manage the preparation of financial outlook forecasts, and reports.
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget across the company including the establishment of controls.
- Coordinate financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Build processes and systems from the ground up to scale from $30M to $100M+.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal budgetary reporting requirements.
- Administer all compensation, variable pay programs and incentive stock option plans.
- Establish short- and long-range departmental goals, organization structure, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Provide insurance coverage as required.
We would love to have you on our team, if you have:
- BA/BS with an emphasis in Finance, Accounting or Business. MBA preferred.
- creating financial plans for a B2C company in the hardware and manufacturing spac
- 8+ years experience of progressive growth in finance – a mix of Investment Banking, Strategy Consulting, VC/PE, growth-stage companies.
- Must have experience scaling finance for early-stage start-ups in hypergrowth.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Working knowledge of short and long term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and product-line profitability analysis.
- Working with outsourced accounting vendors and experienced in-sourcing.
At Oura, we care about you and your wellbeing. Everyone here at Oura has a ring of their own and are continually looking to improve their health and add to our benefits!
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Wellness benefits
- Flexible working hours + work-life balance
- An Oura ring of your own
- Beautiful workspace in San Francisco by Pier 31
- 20 days of PTO
- Amazing culture of collaborative and passionate coworkers