A complete global solution that makes fertility benefits affordable and accessible to all
Carrot Fertility is the leading global fertility benefits provider for employers built to make fertility care and family-forming affordable and accessible for everyone who wants or needs it. Companies use Carrot to customize a fertility benefit that provides employees financial, medical, and emotional support as they pursue parenthood, reducing healthcare costs and resulting in better clinical outcomes.
Carrot is seeking a Sr. Product Designer who loves hands-on design work but also engages in strategic conversations to shape our solutions and products. If you enjoy thinking holistically about user experience and visual design – from wireframing and prototyping to style guides and design systems, and from user testing to production – this role could be a fit.
- Work with senior leaders to define a compelling user experience strategy for Carrot Fertility’s product lines and communicate them effectively to stakeholders
- Partner with Product and Engineering to translate Carrot Fertility’s user experience strategy into thoughtful user interfaces
- Continually refine our product experience to balance needs across both external (e.g., members, employers) and internal (e.g., Care Navigation, Operations) users
- Own deliverables from user research (e.g., persona development, user interviews, user testing) to prototyping (e.g., low fidelity screen flows, interaction prototypes, design explorations) and execution (e.g., high fidelity designs, asset creation, design-off)
- Help shape the design team’s cohesive user experience, design system, cadence, and collaboration methods with other functions
As a part of the fast-moving product and design team, you will help develop and iterate on an early-stage product and service. You will report to the Design Lead, providing input on strategic decisions and thinking critically about the member experience.
- Passion for improving healthcare experiences, focusing on the best care possible
- 4+ years of product design experience shipping thoughtful and high-quality solutions for desktop, tablet, and/or mobile-based products
- A portfolio of design work that demonstrates experience with the range of interaction design, visual design, and design research
- A good understanding of creating, delivering, and communicating detailed design specs to the engineering team (basic knowledge of front-end language(s) is a plus)
- Effectiveness in prioritizing, problem-solving, and managing complex projects in a professional environment
- Think in systems and are able to extrapolate and extend shared patterns and behaviors
- Broad strategic thinking shaping user experience direction
- Good written and verbal communication skills to effectively present to a variety of audiences explaining rationale behind proposals, and resolve conflicting requirements across stakeholders
- Basic knowledge of front-end development languages to understand feasibility
- Experience designing for the healthcare industry, preferably consumer health and/or telehealth platforms