Website Zaya Care
Zaya creates access to affordable maternity care.
Ever challenged the fact that using your healthcare insurance is by design a complicated and painful process?
Zaya Care is a venture-backed early stage startup with a mission to increase access to affordable maternity care. We go beyond a simple marketplace, by solving the administrative insurance hassle for providers and patients alike. Shifting the dynamics in healthcare, we help previously out-of-network providers accept insurance patients and thereby eliminate the cost and access barrier that many parents face today. Inspired by the European care model, we’re building a solution where parents have access to a wide range of pregnancy & postpartum specialists to effectively reduce health complications and the headache that often comes with insurance.
Does this sound like you?
You feel passionate about improving the affordability of healthcare and believe in making a difference. Our ideal candidate has experience working in the regulated space of healthcare and feels comfortable taking architectural decisions. You’re able to make the split between getting your hands dirty in building software while taking on managerial decisions and tasks as part of the leadership team. As we grow you will be the one building out our stellar engineering team. You empathize with our users (providers and patients) and have an intrinsic drive to find solutions to challenges where the answers aren’t obvious.
As our first technical hire, you like to roll up your sleeves, get creative and drive solutions. We won’t hand over a playbook to you since we believe you are the best to write it yourself.
– 5+ years of professional experience as a software engineer
– You’ve previously led engineering teams
– Experience in building products in highly regulated environments like healthcare
– You want to work on both the back-end and front-end of our codebase
– Proficient at taking large, complicated challenges and breaking down the work into clear development stages and deliverables
– Strong history of cross-functional collaboration and team work
– You’ve previously managed AWS infrastructure
Nice to haves
– Docker, Kubernetes
– Skilled in product, design, or other position complementary to software engineering
– You’ve worked in early stage startups before
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until February 19.
Candidates will be invited to 2-3 rounds of interviews with Zaya’s founder over Zoom.
Equal Opportunity Employment Notice
Zaya Care is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.