Ro is the healthcare technology company building a patient-centric healthcare system. Ro’s vertically integrated primary care platform powers a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from diagnosis, to delivery of medication, to ongoing care. With a nationwide provider network, in-home care API, and proprietary pharmacy distribution centers, Ro seamlessly connects telehealth, diagnostics, and pharmacy services to provide high-quality, affordable healthcare without the need for insurance. Since 2017, Ro has facilitated more than six million digital healthcare visits in nearly every county in the United States, including 98% of primary care deserts. Visit Ro.co for more information.
Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company’s 2019 list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, listed by Inc. Magazine as the Best Place to Work in 2020, and earned its Great Place to Work Certification in 2020.
The Vice President of Clinical Quality and Patient Safety will report to our Chief Medical Officer and work closely with the Product, Provider Network, Pharmacy, Medical Operations, Legal, Clinical Product Strategy, and Data leadership to ensure that Ro provides the safest and highest quality care. At Ro, our goal is to leverage technology and data to standardize and automate safety and quality. The VP of Clinical Quality and Patient Safety will work with the Data teams (Analytics and Science) as well as the Tech Org (Product Management, Engineering, and Product Design) to design, implement, measure, and improve quality and safety protocols. You will truly build an electronic medical record that is focused on empowering providers and pharmacists to deliver the safest and highest quality care and for patients to achieve their health goals.
Who are you? That’s a great question. You are a clinician. You’re an informaticist. You’re an innovator. You’re passionate about harnessing the power of technology to drive high-quality, safe, and affordable healthcare that is delightful to patients and providers. You have incredible attention to detail and the ability to communicate clearly and creatively as you work cross-functionally. You are a self-starter and an action-orientated problem solver. You’re not afraid of thinking outside of the box. You have experience being a healthcare provider and leader within the traditional healthcare setting. You have experience leading teams, designing and articulating a vision around patient safety, improving health outcomes, and delighting patients with high-quality and affordable healthcare. You are empathetic, enjoy design thinking and people thrive under your leadership. You have been a Quality and Safety leader and understand that digital health requires new and creative solutions. You look forward to making Ro the standard for excellence in quality and safety.
What You’ll Do:
- Promote and encourage a culture of safety throughout the company and affiliated provider network
- Create and drive a culture of continuous quality improvement
- Partner with Clinical Product Strategy and Product to design and create a platform that uses technology to automate and improve clinical quality and patient safety.
- Prepare the organization for heightened regulatory, compliance, and safety expectations by developing enhanced quality and safety programs and initiatives
- Oversee the development, data collection, and reporting of uniform and integrated measurement systems that support the quality assurance and performance improvement programs
- Create organizational outcomes using external benchmarks, evidence-based knowledge, and industry best practice as a reference but adapted to fit the needs of Ro
- Facilitate alignment between improvement initiatives and the organization’s strategic plan; directs the day-to-day execution of the strategies and tactics necessary to successfully improve the outcomes and results of patient services.
- Participate in nursing and physician peer review processes and chart reviews
- Continue to grow the Quality and Safety team to support the growth of clinical services, capabilities, and patients on the platform
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- MD or DO degree or equivalent
- Board-certified or board eligible, 15+ years of work experience with 5+ years in Clinical Quality and Patient Safety, 10+ years of direct people management, and 5+ years in direct patient care
- Quality/Risk leadership experience with a hospital setting required; experience in non-traditional or telemedicine preferred
- Strong experience identifying, implementing, monitoring, and reporting health outcomes and quality initiatives
- Experience in compliance and risk management strongly preferred
- Knowledge of system process analysis, quality/process improvement techniques, design, and integration, at a level of complexity associated with integrating processes across multiple departments of an organization
- Able to distill and communicate complex ideas clearly
- Strong people management and leadership skills
- The ability to clearly, accurately, thoroughly, and compellingly communicate important clinical details to diverse non-clinical audiences
- Strong prioritization, time management, and organizational skills
- Genuine enthusiasm for learning, teamwork, and collaboration
- You have a demonstrated understanding of the role that racial inequity plays in our society and its impact on healthcare systems and institutions, and consistently integrate your deep understanding of key racial equity concepts into work projects
Benefits + Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Fitness reimbursement
- Paid maternity/parental leave
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.