Ritual is seeking an experienced Sr. Payroll & Benefits Manager to help support our thriving
team! This role will be responsible for owning end-to-end payroll operations, supporting benefits administration, and advising on overarching HR strategy, with compliance always top of mind. The ideal candidate will have an eye for the details, and a self-starter confidence— you’ll get the job done while finding new ways to reduce friction and improve processes as we grow. This role reports to the Associate Director of People Operations, and will directly support Finance and People teams (ultimately reporting to our future CPO).
What You’ll Do:
- Lead all aspects of payroll end-to-end: processing bi-weekly multi-state payrolls for employees, running off-cycle manual checks as needed, and uploading payroll entry into Netsuite on a bi-weekly basis. You’ll also handle new state registrations, new hire setup, tax form processing, benefits deductions setup, terminations, garnishments, etc.
- With a thriving team expanding into a hybrid working world, you’ll ensure we maintain compliance with state and local tax jurisdictions.
- Reconcile between Gusto / Zenefits systems ensuring the smooth sync and accuracy of all payroll deductions (benefits, 401k, etc), routinely auditing our integration and working with system support.
- Manage the full cycle Leave of Absence for employees: from communicating the process, to administering the leave, and maintaining compliance with federal and state leave laws along the way.
- Align with employees to handle personal benefits & paystub questions with confidentiality and kindness. You’ll have a keen eye for detail and natural knack for integrity, ensuring the overall accuracy of employee data, while adhering to standards of ethics keeping employee records secure.
- Own the day-to-day relationship with our broker partners & carriers to support ongoing benefits administration, and steward our annual open enrollment process for the team.
- Supervise the integrations of our current HRIS/Payroll infrastructure, and eagerly propose improvements to our systems as we scale.
- Run-point on various administrative functions, including I-9 verification, policy support, etc.
Who You Are:
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience performing all payroll functions and benefits administration
- Strong operational knowledge of payroll & benefits systems; experience with Gusto, Zenefits, Netsuite is a plus
- Ability to advise on compliance for multi-state team
- Confidentiality, discretion, and strong interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organization skills with scrupulous attention to detail
- Comfortable crafting & executing thoughtful plans for projects, processes, and programs
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively & cross-functionally
- Motivated to work in a high-growth, startup environment with minimal oversight— we are here to support you, but you’ll ultimately lead your function as the on the team
Since launching in October 2016, Ritual has grown to be a cultural revolution in the health industry. We’re not about pseudoscience, half-truths or health fads. We are simple, effective, and backed by real science. We have some pretty great benefits & perks related to our office environment, however, they have been limited due to the global health situation. See below for our adjusted available benefits + perks until we can get back into the office together!
● Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
● Healthcare & Dependent Care FSA
● Equity participation
● 401k Match – Up to 4%
● Pet Insurance
● Free Ritual Forever
● Unlimited PTO – 10 days minimum to keep you fresh
● 18 paid holidays
● Bi-Annual Performance Reviews
● “Ritual First Fridays” – Entire company takes off the first Friday of each month while we are working remotely
● 12 weeks paid maternity/paternity leave and we cover health insurance during any additional time taken under-protected baby bonding time off
● Periodic group workouts with trainers on Zoom
● Work from Home stipend
● Childcare stipend (monthly expense)
● Flex time for returning to work birth-parents
Ritual is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do impactful work together.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.